New Girl on the block

by Teela 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Welcome Teela. Thanks for sharing your story. Glad to see you here.

• Garnet
    Garnet

Welcome Teela!

I am looking forward to hearing more from you :) It's funny, I never called the "kingdom hall" by the name, it was always church to me (born and raised Catholic), my Mom would have a fit when I called it "Kingdom Hall", she always asked why it wasn't called Church or "Service". It's funny when you are out and looking in...you can really see how much thought control they had. Good for you at the young age of 10 realizing what you were into. I started in at 18 and just recently began to "fade".

Much Love

Garnet

• Guest 77
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

Welcome and greetings Teela. Guest 77

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Teela, may I add my warm words of welcome . I enjoyed your spunky story

Unfortunately they had just dealt with a major (I don’t think) problem of someone had had been engaged for a year having her breasts touched by her fiancé

That little bit intrigued me . Just in case anybody thinks it is far fetched , this dialogue happened at one of the last elders meetings that I attended

An elder described the "Counsel" given to a young man who sheepishly confessed to touching his girl friends breasts.

Visiting CO. " A serious matter of sexual misconduct"

Me " I thought that, for it to be misconduct , he had to be inside her underwear "

CO (stern look) "Oh no, we mean outside"

Me (aghast) "Well if that is the case , I was guilty of it 25 years ago before I got married and never knew"

(shocked expessions on the part of all present) . I knew then I was a "Square peg in a round hole.

Incidentally, this was made all the more difficult because her father was present in the room. He did not last long as an elder either.

Welcome again Teela, you seem to have right attitude to get on well here

• Teela
    Teela

Thanks for the great response. In answer to Zeena it’s been 30 years for me. I’m 40 now. Buster the witness that approached me for help, I have to say I wasn’t very helpful the witness’s I had not thought about for years and when she started talking to me all I could offer was to get out, refuse to speak to the elders and never go back. This was hard for her as her family shunned her. She had recently got divorced from a witness when I met her that day; she proceeded to sell up and with half the proceeds from the house left for another country. After a few months of feeling guilty about not been helpful I tried to find out where she was and how she was doing. I got my mother (out but not shunned) to find out and she was doing well got a job, renting a house and had a boyfriend (not a J dub) but unfortunately has still turned away from Jehovah. She brought up a lot of old memories, and not pleasant ones. I contacted my sister (older) who had been a special pioneer for most of her twenties, fell in love with a worldly man and lost all friends. After nearly twenty years of counselling see still has problems, but can talk about things for a short time. That was when I checked the Internet to see if it had any information, and found this site about a year ago. It made me say, and it made me laugh.eps one on clothing I hate wearing anything that looks like witness clothes and am rarely out of jeans

• zugzfree
    zugzfree

Welcome Teela,

I'm new here myself. I too have suffered mental distress as a result of the borg. I just keep in mind that "vengence is mine I will repay" says the Lord. The WTS will have to answer for it's actions.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Teela!!!!!! I love your attitude... Anyone at 10 who could already see through the cult is an exceptional individual!!!!!!! Hope we all read more from you.

Leslie

• Water
    Water

Welcome Teela! I love to hear about people who could think for themselves when young. Good going!

Water

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Teela. I just want to add my WELCOME along with all the previous ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit