berylblue

A+ ...of course.

• mustang
    mustang

Finely divided bubble gum...

Mustang

• rocketman
    rocketman

Whatever blood type that makes me the tall, dark, and handsome guy that I am.

*delusional class*

• Trotafox
    Trotafox
    it's really a good feeling to do something that helps other people and that can't be attributed to selfish desires...

Safe4kids: I missed the blood drive a few months ago (I used to call it "Dracula's Den" when I was a JW. LOL). Next time they come around, I'll talk to them. The Mono may still eliminate me. Any one happen to know?

Trot

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, Trot, mononucleosis is not on the list of illnesses that results in a permanent deferral for donating blood.

I would suggest that you go anyway, and discuss your concern with the nurse who is doing the screening.

You can be temporarily deferred if you have an active case of any illness, even a cold. Examples of diseases/conditions that result in permanent deferral are HIV, Hepatitis (all varieties), Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease (ie, "mad cow"), malaria, and some STDs. Insulin dependent diabetics also are permanently deferred from donating blood.

Temporary deferrals can be for things like having a piercing or tattoo done in the last 12 months. Also if you have received a blood product (for example, WinRho or RhoGam) in the previous 12 months, you would not be eligible to donate.

Good luck!

Love, Scully (another O neg)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I'm B- and my son is AB-

Arrowstar

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

A- POSITIVE. BY THE WAY, 'O' STANDS FOR 'OLD' AS O IS THE OLDEST KNOWN BLOOD TYPE.

IF YOU ARE AN 'O' YOU'RE PROBABLY A BARBARIAN!

I RECCOMMEND THE BOOK, 'EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE' WHICH SHOWS THE VARIOUS KINDS OF FOOD THAT ARE BENEFICIAL AND HARMFUL FOR VARIOUS BLOOD TYPES.

AS AN EXAMPLE, TYPE A+ LIKE MY SELF, SHOULD NOT EAT CANTALOPE, HOWEVER MUSKMELLON IS OKAY. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

OUTASERVICE

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

WOW. Arrowstar's son wins the brass ring. AB negative. The most rare. He nudged out Arrowstar and Free Will with their B Negatives. (Sounds like a horse race... Trot's feeling goofy tonight. )

Scully: Thanks for the info. I looked up on another website ( http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/flash_questions.html ) and found out some of the criteria. Ages 17-59 ? Give me a break. I just found out and now there's only two more years to do my good deed? Shee-s-s-s-h. Also, I guess I'll have to wait until after Sep 25 because it has to be one year from any acupuncture. Does that sound right Scully?

I RECCOMMEND THE BOOK, 'EAT RIGHT FOR YOUR TYPE' WHICH SHOWS THE VARIOUS KINDS OF FOOD THAT ARE BENEFICIAL AND HARMFUL FOR VARIOUS BLOOD TYPES.

Outaservice: Yep. Got it. That's what prompted me to find out my Blood type in the first place. When I found out what type I was and that it was a really great type to have for donation purposes, I started looking into the donation thing again. One of the T-Tapper instructors "Goldylox99" (www.t-tapp.com) is really into the blood/diet thing. States it's very general. You must take into consideration your parents blood types, as well as your heritage and first-hand experience with some foods. We O's need ANIMAL PROTEIN and EXERCISE. Yep. Barbaric.

I'm German/English/Irish...German heritage gains jowls when eating dairy and English/Irish/Scotish have the thinest skins.

Trot

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Trotafox, I started a thread about this a little while ago, but it never hurts to ask this question.

Honestly: people should find out, you'd be surprised how important it is to know.

ME? A Negative

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Trotafox: here is the original thread I started ages ago.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/45416/1.ashx

It got 4 pages...woohoo!

But I think your post is a good one, there's always new people on here, and yes...you have O Negative blood means: you are a very valuable person in the blood bank, everywhere!

Good thread. Needs to be brought up now and again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit