How Did You Become Irregular and Then Inactive As A Publisher?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Now that sounds awesome! Have a martini on me, min.

• greven
    greven

As soon as I started to have doubts I stopped going out in FS. I usually had 4 hours a month and really hated it. I stopped because I couldn't go out and convinced others of something I wasn't sure about in the first place. It would be intellectually dishonest.

Naturally this lead to several talks with the elders and they even encouraged me to do research...however when I came with the wrong type of questions they accused me of doing the research with a wrong mindset: I shouldn't do reseach to find out if it was true, no, I had to do research with the goal of confirming this was the truth. Now that is plain silly. Still inactive haven't heard much of them. Try to keep it that way for now.

Greven

• greven
    greven

my my! a holy trinity of research...

Greven

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Kind of got help in that area.

Having moved to a new territory to go to college (oops strike 1) I was treated rather coldly by the elders in either of the congregations in that town. I made up my mind that I would not post my time there but would update my time when I went home to visit. Later when a girl I had introduced to the truth started studying with an elder's wife I refused to be slandered or gossiped about (strike 2 for not arse-kissing). Actually had the same elder insist on going with me in the field work on weekend, he was rather puzzled when the time didn't show up in their congregation totals. After a visit from some elders and the CO to try and convince me to quit school in favor of the preaching work. (Strike 3 for not putting the kingdom first in early 80's) (and these guys had college educations as well). Pretty much got fed up with the treatment, didn't volunteer for impromptu talks, or reenroll in the ministry school when I came back to school, and meeting attendance was even more sporadic. So I guess it could be said that the elders helped me to reduce my time and attendance in various ways.

Goshawk

• willyloman
    willyloman

Dedalus: copyright this line immediately!

The Organization is the Enron of counting time.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I stepped aside as a MS for personal reasons and simultaneously ceased attending meetings and knocking on people's door while looking at the watch.

• minimus
    minimus

When a person mysteriously stops doing everything a JW does, like talks, commenting, service, etc., it's the kiss of death for the organization and the publisher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit