Re: Hello all! Looking for answers!

by ilusiondtenerte 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

thanks again Jason. appreciate your help.

Kat

Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

• Wounded Heart
    Wounded Heart

oops! double posted by accident.

Wounded Heart

Love by giving to & accepting others unconditionally = true, pure love

• spinner
    spinner

Dear Prisca
    So Jesus abolished all the commandments.What does that mean? In the case of the Sabbath, you believe we don't abserve the law, right? What about adultery? It's o.k. now? Is it o.k. to lie, steal, murder?

Sounds stupid, but that's exactly what it sounds like you are saying. Paul said in Romans 6:14, "For sin must not be master over you, seeing that you are not under law but under undeserved kindness. 15--What follows: Shall we commit a sin becuse we are not under law but under undeserved kindness? Never may that happen! It's like, Dad won't punish us if we do bad, so do we do bad? NO.

Why were we given the laws? Paul said in Romans 7:7, " Really I would not have come to know SIN if it had not been for the LAW. So, it is a teacher of right and wrong.

If the sacrifice of Jesus is always in place, there will NEVER be a JUDGEMENT. Romans 5:13," For until the law, sin was in the world, but sin is not charged against anyone when there is no law.
    So Daniel 12:11," and from the time that the constant feature (see footnote-means continual sacrifice) HAS BEEN REMOVED and there has been the placing of the disgusting thing that is causing desolation..." This continual sacrifice MUST BE THAT OF JESUS, which paves the way for the judgement, THE DISGUSTING THING THAT CAUSES DESOLATION.
    Romans 2:13 says,"For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the DOERS OF THE LAW will be declared RIGHTEOUS.....for whenever the people of the nations, who do not have law, KEEP THE LAWS BY NATURE, THAT WILL BE THE DAY GOD JUDGES THE SECRET THINGS OF MANKIND.
    As I see it, when man finally realizes "MAN MUST LIVE not on bread alone, but on EVERY WORD COMING through JEHOVAH'S MOUTH "(Matt.4:4) That means that WE UNDERSTAND that everything HE asked us to do, was for our own benefit.
    Acts 21: says, Paul was with the brothers in Jerusalem (see21:17-19) and in verse 24, says Paul "also was keeping the LAWS"
    The oldest known MMS say at Rev. 22:14, "Blessed are those who are doing the commandments of HIM so that the authority to go to the tree of life may be theirs." Also, Rev 12:17 identifies those who the Dragon (Satan)makes war against ----- "those who keep the commandments of God ." I think this issue is the most important before all man today. Matthew 5:17 say, " I have come not to destroy the law but to fulfill." The word translated fulfill is plerosai, and correctly translated, means to fill up and is a syn. of telo, to perfect. To perfect, does not mean to ignore, but to have all things returned to it's original condition- when we did not have to have written laws, but keep the do unto others, naturally....
    paradise...
    /gloria/

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

God Rules writes:

Might I in all humility remind you that Jesus came down to FULFILL the Law, NOT destroy it. Matt. 5:17-18
    Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law until all be fulfilled.

(this is my favorite part)
    What Jesus's sacrifice accomplished was to bring us out from under the protection of the Law, so that we are saved rthrough grace.

So then God Rules
    what do we need the WTBTS for
    they weren't round at Jesus sacrifice.
    they dont PROVIDE this GRACE you speak of.....
    THEY DIDN'T BRING US OUT FROM ANYTHING!

Ok terrific!
    As always GR... have a nice day!

• Lindon
    Lindon

ok, this question is for Jason, first off I want to say that I am NOT trying to knock on your religion or be disrespectful but I am very curious in what JW's believe. Alright you said something about how you believe that God was raised from the dead in only one form right? Well 1 Corithians 15:17 says..."And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile, you are still in your sins." how do you feel about that scripture?

• Phil
    Phil

Sweeheart, you are looking in the wrong places. All the Christians of the world keep relying on a book that is perported to be the voice of God and written by people that were supposedly inspired by God. How you and others can rely on a book that is full of mistakes and say it is the word of God.

Get real. God does not help people on earth. You are here by yourself and must rely on your soul that is within you. Your task is to find it, and once found you will be free.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

A quick question...

How can you believe, based on the Bible, that God was somehow blindsided when the events in the Garden of Eden (i.e. Adam, Eve, snake, apple, Fall of mankind) happened, when the Bible itself says Christ was prepared to be the sacrifice for mankind BEFORE the Earth was even created or any people put on it?

1 Peter 1: 18 - 21

18 "Forasmuch as yet know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 "But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 "Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 ""Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God."

If God wasn't blindsided, as so many doctrines choose to teach, then perhaps His plan for this world was not so simple as people spending eternity taking care of a garden?

SusanHere

PS -- If this comes up as a duplicate, sorry! Had to post twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit