Does Your JW Family Act Like This?

by Banshee 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• mustang
    mustang

Recently (last 20 years) my gripe is about BEFORE the ASS-embly.

I moved away from family and TROOF, right?? So, i get this DEMAND (not a request) that the family is going to visit on the week of the 16th to the 24th, say. Well that is from a Wednesday to a Thursday of the following week. Turns out a District ASS-embly is going on that weekend in the city I now live in!!!

Are they visiting me or the ASS-embly??? Well, this gives my old man a chance to dump some local-yokel Dubs on my doorstep!!!!

I moved the next week after they left on one of these stunts!!!

Mustang

• be wise
    be wise

Banshee,

My mum and dad have just been to the assembly this weekend. All that you describe happens but usually over about 4 days (if it’s a 3 day assembly).

First they will go all quiet – usually stay in their room when they get home (My dad treats my mum like dirt btw – so this always baffles me!) They don’t talk as much but when they do it’s as if you’re not even their – they talk over you and don’t seem to be aware of what’s really going on. They also find the most un-funniest things, hilarious – this is extremely interesting to experience though – (btw, I’d love to study psychology). Then my mum starts being affectionately nice, (this time lasted for 15 minutes or so), though she p robably heard in a talk about how there’s still a chance I could be saved. Sorry, but b org love makes me shudder! Then she will get very depressed. The furthest she got today with bringing it up was talking about elephants and how they mentioned them at the assembly while we was watching a nature program. She really tried and all to even get that out (The so-called line is soooo apparent - it’s too scary for her to cross it). My dad just gets a really self-righteous expression – says nothing as usual and looks like he’s been sniffing glue!

All wears of in the end though!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

badolpuddytat wrote:

"Are you giving your loyalties royalties?"

A$$$$$$$$$$$emblies......as I recall...

ESTEE

• yxl1
    yxl1
    My dad just gets a really self-righteous expression – says nothing as usual and looks like he’s been sniffing glue!

Haw haw haw I know that look!! Man I love these threads. You guys are the only people that get this stuff.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Many JWs go through this "song and dance" routine. The distant look and actions, lack of emotions, can be considered as a definite prelude to mind control or at least stage one of depression or worse.

• Banshee
    Banshee

Thanks for your replies, everyone.It is interesting to note the various behaviors of your JW families. Also, I noticed that a few people have observed this same or a similar pattern in their JW relatives (which I described in my initial post). It is nice to know that I am not the only one to pick up on this. Very telling interesting, no?

---Banshee

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Gang:

Yes, I notice that my folks are more distant after Assemblies and visits by the Circuit Overseer.

Jeff S.

• freein89
    freein89

What 21 day cycle?

• freein89
    freein89

outof theorg,

I am sorry, how long have you been out? About 2 or 3 years after I left, my sister in law called me, out of the blue. I said, "you don't want to talk to me" I was so stunned it was all I could think of to say. She said "yes I do" I said "no you don't" we went back and forth like that, I just couldn't get it through my head that she wanted to talk to me. She finally yelled "yes I do!!!" Anyway she had noticed that no great misfortune had befallen me. She said she had kept track of me and had been waiting for me to fall on my face. And when I didn't (actually I did for a bit) she just got curious and we talked. She left the org shortly thereafter. Anyhow, hang in there, cuz ya never know.

when I was still in, I really wondered why "worldly" people seemed so happy. I would honestly wonder what they could have to be happy about, when it was so clear that we were supposed to be the only happy people on planet earth. Any old how, ya never know what they might really be thinking.

you touched my heart with your story. a hug for you, please don't be sad

Deb

• talesin
    talesin

my parents (the only ones who still communicate with me) call me the wk before just to let me know that mom will be saving an empty seat next to her for me (just in case). she always sits near the back "so i don't need to feel uncomfortable"

talk about persistent - it's only been 24 yrs since i last attended one (puke)

then, the week after they give me a list of all the 'brothers' and 'sisters' who are asking for me and who 'still miss me'

more puke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit