Who composes the JW music?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Hamas..You said.....

I like the KM
    Can I send you my copy of "JIM NEIGHBORS SALUTES THE MORMAN TABERNACLE CHOIR IN THE STYLE OF SLIM WHITMAN"? If you like the Kingdom Melodie's, you'll LOVE this stuff. Integ.

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

Many years ago a CO said they were doing a new song book and Bethel were interested in submissions from brothers in good standing who write songs.

I couldn't be bothered. Some of the tunes are so like sleazy nightclub ballads you almost want to light up and pour another Jack Daniels. I think in all sincerity the guys who wrote these did not realise or remember who they were quoting. One song begins exactly like the first few measures of a piano piece by Mendelssohn.

Harold King wrote 'From House to House' serving 7 years solitary in communist China.

What I think is rotten is how often words are written to fit the tune so you end up with the stress on a weak word like OF THE OR AND etc.

Whoever wrote the words ain't no poet and don't we know it!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Can I send you my copy of "JIM NEIGHBORS SALUTES THE MORMAN TABERNACLE CHOIR IN THE STYLE OF SLIM WHITMAN"?

LOL! That's just as bad as "The Hits of Motorhead preformed by The London Symph-harmonic Orchestra"

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I don't know why "Forward, you witnesses" is so hysterical but I keep giggling. Mush, you huskies!

• Mary
    Mary

Who composes it? Well if Freddie Franz was still alive and kickin', he'd probably say "Jehovah composes the music. That is, when He gets time off from being the author of The Watchtower."

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It's actually generated random noise caused by the skips on a Philip Glass CD when placed in the middle of the factory floor. Recorded and brought to you by our boys at Bethel, the avant-garde of religious music.

Bach would mock, Handel would mangle!

CZAR

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Who composed the songs in the song book "Sing Praises to Jehovah",

A reincarnated Antonio Salieri.

Proof positive that among the Witnesses, mediocrity triumphs over talent.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who composes JW music? Dropouts from the 1934 Silly Symphony.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Whoever they are they must be brain dead and tone deaf.

I grew up in the jw songs for the 1950's. They weren't too bad. Then they had a "new" song book. Took out the songs that most liked and replaced them with drivel.

They need to hire Farkel to write some moving melodies and Francois to do the lyrics. That ought to please both of them.

Outoftheorg= Sing it out brothers-its not raining inside.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    A reincarnated Antonio Salieri

Good one Big Tex! LOL!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit