The earthly resurrection pipe dream

by Sour Grapes 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• venus
    venus

What DATA DOG wrote makes sense. Resurrection is possible only by ‘uploading soul into the new body.’

However, the implied truth of this is that soul is immortal and immutable taking charge of another body. This is what reincarnation means.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Resurrection is simply something encountered in myth and fairytale. Nobody has ever been resurrected to live again or forever... a pipe dream.

Reincarnation literally meaning: making flesh again, another pipe dream.

The soul: a traditional fantasy.

Sensible people get to grips early on in their life that EVERYONE dies.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

its such a ridiculous pipe dream and would defy every single scientific law to accomplish, human cloning is very real though and could be with us in a few years, nothing can live forever not even a AI cloned robotic being driven by super computing, death is part of the cycle of life.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Sour Grapes - you boiled down the entire lunacy of "the resurrection" and with it the whole bible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    carla - "...changes the subject thinks I am just being a smart aleck.."

Oh, damn, that one really chapped my ass.

Hey, loyalists!

We weren't being smart-alecks, you pricks! We actually wanted to know!!!

Did you actually think accusing us of that would really cover up your embarrassment at not knowing, or even worse, not having enough brains to realize you hadn't even considered the question???

Morons...

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@No-Zombie

Sam Bell in the movie MOON

I thought MOON was great. I was expecting the station AI to be the baddie like HAL in 2011.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The whole idea of resurrection comes from Egypt and its two fold. One when one dies he goes to the underworld where he has to go be judged and his heart condition weighed. If he’s guilty of sin his heart is eaten and his spirit goes to the lake of fire the second death. If he’s sinless then he goes on to paradise to live and work with his family the Greeks called it Elysian, the Egyptians named it the Field of reeds.

The second part had to do with your life or likeness being reborn in to your offspring this is one of the reasons for the word resurrection from the root word erection.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I had a pretty good Resurrection last night…

DD

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Resurrection, Reincarnation, after Life, Soul never dies, Heaven, Hell, Angels, God, Satan - All a package of Lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit