expatbrit

It's a step up from "hey serf!"

Expatbrit

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

*Waving*HI!!!!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well, I made it home obviously. Actually, I'm at my sister's house as I have a few loose ends to tie up. My new apartment is about 20 minutes away and I have no computer so I couldn't possibly be posting from there. My summation of the weekend:

I got a late start on Saturday. Let's just say I was emotionally and physically exhausted k? I had to drive about an hour North of Detroit and get my birth certificate from my parents house so as not to be hassled by customs on my way into Canada. On my way back down I ran into the second coming of Noah's flood and it slowed me down quite a bit. It got very scary for awhile. I finally made it down to what I thought was the correct exit for the tunnel to Windsor. I'm not sure what I did but I found myself out near Tiger Stadium and lost as can be in my hometown of Detroit. Yeah, I'm directionally challenged. I finally found my way to the tunnel and customs. What a cross examination you go through to get into Canada! Aye! I found my way onto the 401 and drove for what seemed like forever until I got into London, Ontario. I had bug splat all over my windsheild and I was almost out of gas. A very nice young man helped me convert some of my American money into Canadian and told me I was 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Toronto. I made it there in a little over and hour despite the fact that I ran into the same storm I had a few hours ago.

I found a pay phone and called Ray and he graciously took a cab and met me near his home. I was so late that he had almost left for work. I still feel bad about that. What a blast I had walking around downtown Toronto. The people there are so friendly! I had a veggie hot dog with so many condiments on it it almost fell out of the bun (very good). I found an internet cafe (none of those in the Detroit area) and chatted with a buddy of mine and checked my email. I think I walked about 6 miles Saturday night, just checking out the various shops. I bought a Cuban cigar for a friend of mine. Toronto is a biker and pedestrian paradise! Just a lovely city. We finally got home (Ray's bachelor pad) about 6 am. We hung out and talked for awhile. He posted that goofy pic of us early this morning. That's me in my pajamas. Gosh, I look stupid.

We met up with expatbrit and iiz2cool for lunch around 2:30 this afternoon. Expat is as funny and personable as I thought he would be. What a great guy to talk to and, I won't tell anyone but, he had a sordid childhood story to tell about his youth in London. I'm shocked! Who knew? I promise you, expat, I'll be back as soon as I can to debate politics with you. You need a good battle I think.

Iiz2cool is a very down to earth and lovely person. I'd love to spend more time with him and get to know him better.

I let Ray off at the subway and drove on up to the 401. It only took me about 3 hours to get from midtown Toronto to Windsor. Yes, I drive very fast. I got lost, this time,in Windsor. I got home about and hour ago. I will say that now that I've broken my customs cherry I will be back to Canada in a heart beat! What a lovely country and what great people!

~Aztec

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

That is great that you can travel Aztec. I bet it is neat meeting people from the boards in person. I know they have apostefests and such, but if I was going to travel, I would want to know the person already. I am glad you got to meet Walter too. If I had some money, it would be cool to take time off and travel like that.

Ron

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

((((Aztec)))) - so glad you got back to Detroit without any problems.

As for your visit: you are most welcome: ANYTIME

• Aztec
    Aztec

Thank you Ray! I loved my time in Ontario! Most kind of you to put me up for a night. Love the Canadian warnings..LOL! "Drinking and driving kills..don't drink and drive.....Fatigue kills..take a break" Love those!

I loved meeting expat and iiz2cool! Two very kind guys! I most miss converting miles into kilometers and gallons into litres. What a great weekend! Glad you all had fun!

See ya'all soon!

~Aztec

• Brummie
    Brummie

Glad you had a great time Aztec and that you made it back safe. Sounds like a physically tiring day with all that journeying. Go rest your deep blue sexy eyes.

Brummie

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ah Brummie my love...it was a tiring day but a good one! Meeting expat was worth it for sure! Rayzor is a wonderful person as well! I love Canucks..I'm going to get a tshirt printed up..LOL

~Aztec temporary Canuck...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Aztec, sounds like an adventurous weekend! Nothing like getting lost in your home town... no better way to learn your way around, I guess.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Aztec!!! Razorblade!!! Expatbrit!!!

Nice to meet up with you all!

Aztec, I'm glad to see you made it back ok! 3 hours from Toronto to Windsor? You're scaring me! Don't wait too long before coming up again!

What can I say? The food was great, the beer cold, and the company phenomenal!

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit