JWD Cookbook - Info wanted - SIMON and others

by Lady Lee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• seedy3
    seedy3

Lady,

I have a lot of fish recipies, it's what ya eat when you live on an island, when I get home I'll post a few of them.

Seedy

• waiting
    waiting

"Freedom Food" (leaves it open..."Freedom from what?")

*Good Enough for Company* Fish.

1. Talipia (sp?) fillets works good. I buy fresh (but packaged) at BiLo. The fish doesn't shrink - so 6 oz. works well for one person.

2. In a couple of squares of aluminum foil, place approx. 1/2 tsp Olive Oil, butter, whatever.

3. Put fish on top. Then put slice of onion, green pepper, black olives, tomatoes (whatever you want - or none - or anything else you want)

4. Salt & pepper everything (and if you want to put some spices- whatever.)

5. Seal the edges.

6. Cook about 1/2 hr if not too many veggies at about 325. If lots of veggies, cook a little longer......'bout 15 min. more.

Place on cookie sheet in case foil isn't sealed totally.

Watch out when opening - steam's hot. Serve over rice (whatever).........

Great, cheap, healthy & fast.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Hum how about Apostate Cooking for the newly d/a-ed

X

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've cooked this one a few times on special occasions. It's yummy.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    This cookbook is another way to share this meeting together and formation of community. We have come together to share our recipes and in doing so free ourselves from the rules placed upon us to "not dine with unbelievers."

I'm not too keen on the "not dine with unbelievers" part. Sounds a bit negative, and as my cult-deprogrammers friends would say, it's a trigger phrase.

Maybe rephrase it to say: "and in doing so, free ourselves from the man-made rules of the religion we once believed in" or something like that.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Prisca Excellent will do

Thanks Waiting and eman

• Mary
    Mary

HOW TO TURN WATER INTO WINE

• Have a large gathering, preferably a wedding or an assembly
    • Get some oak barrels and fill them to the top with distilled or spring water
    • Get out your magic wand and say "bibity bobbity boo" three times and pass the wand over the barrels for good luck;
    • Enjoy.
  • minimus
    minimus

Suggestion: Use usernames as certain treats or dishes like they do in New York delis. They name a sandwich from a famous person.......BTW, I still like the title name "Food At The Proper Time".

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hi Lee:

Will the book be entirely recipes, or will there be some sort of "interludes" between them that maybe give more information on the Watchtower, or a Watchtower survivor's story, perhaps?

Expatbrit

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm putting in another vote for "Food At The Proper Time"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit