JWD Cookbook - Info wanted - SIMON and others

by Lady Lee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I now have enough recipes to start putting this cookbook together. 129 recipes

Since we will be putting this on the internet with the hopes that other people besides us will buy it what do we want to say. The board is for anyone interested in JWs. So if we say anything about JWs we need to think if and how we want to state this. We could just say we are a group of internet users at JWD and put in the URL (let them figure it out)

I have a working title but that can change

JWD Collected Recipes

We have some suggestions

• Eating with Apostates
    • Dining with Apostates
    • Un-Spiritual Food
    • Scraps from the Table
    • Bird Food
    • Aposto-feast

If you like one of the above or have another suggestion please post it.

If you have other recipes it is not too late to send them. It will take a bit of time to format the book and get it ready for the e-publisher. I could use some pasta recipes if anyone has any. Right now that section is empty. I could delete it but we could put a couple in it too so....

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Lady Lee; sorry; I completely forgot about this- have sent you a pasta recipe and my elderflower champagne recipe too- hope it's not too late- appologies again

Termite x

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Definitely not too late termite

Now I'm anxiously checking my mail LOL

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Termite

It is weird. I have received two different recipes from someone else but yours still haven't come through. Please check the email addie [email protected]

• Simon
    Simon

How about something like

"Kicked the Cult Cookbook"

I'm going to try making some of these recipes ... I used to cook (before I was married, ehem) but I'd like to get back into it (I just tend ot heat things up or buy something now )

I used to like making biscuits / cakes ... lots of chocolates / nuts / toffee / wafer sandwiches / mint cream and so on ... no recipe though so it was different every time !

BTW: Appreciate all the work you're doing Lady Lee ... hope it isn't taking over !

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Simon the hardest part has been trying to collect the recipes. I've been asking everyone I know for some.

• Kicked the Cult - from Simon
    • Cult or Cordon Bleu - You decide - - from my hubby

some of my ideas

• Freedom to Dine
    • Cult Cravings
    • Dining with the friends (like the double entendre there)
    • Shared Food Favorites
    • The JWD Cookbook
    • Friend's Favorites
  • termite 35
    termite 35

I sent them to your pm box- not your email address Lady Lee - did it work ?

Last week a couple of messages did'nt go through- hope it's ok- let me know and i'll re-post them if not.

• Shakita
    Shakita

LadyLee:

Since we will be putting this on the internet with the hopes that other people besides us will buy it...

since this is the case, I think "Dining with Friends" is a great title. It is appealing to everyone, not just ex-jw's, so circulation might be bigger. Some people might be "scared off" by the word "cult". Just a thought.

Mrs. Shakita

• talesin
    talesin

how abt "cooking free"? the unwary will think it's fat-free, and those in the know will get to chuckle at the name.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

termite my PM thingy says I have no messages but I went in to take a look and they were there so I have them now. Thanks

Cooking free sounds good but I wouldn't want to be accused of misleading people especially if they buy it because of special diets

We have recipes that range from the very easy to some a little more challenging.

Any other pasta recipes? Pasta sauces? maybe even the pasta recipe itself for those who want to try making their own spaghetti. Lasagne? Gnocchi?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit