Furuli's New Books--Attempt to Refute COJonsson

by ros 264 Replies latest jw friends

• scholar
    scholar

Gamaliel

I could respond in kind to each of the points you have made but frankly you have made up your mind that regardless of anykind of evidence or opinions of other scholars regarding chronology, you will believe in 586/587. That is fine with me . I am freankly not interested in trying to convert anyone to 607 chronology but what I do reject is the wholesale dogmatism surrounding 587/586 when it has no more proof than 607. Afterall, 697 is a calculated date based on the evidence of scripture and secular history and if I have to explain that to you then what level of knowledge do you possess.? The society has explained how 607 is calculated and there is not any evidence published by anyone that can diminish its viability. Jonsson like some SDA scholars have tried to do this but their attempts show a lack of logic, are deceitful and dishonest. If you really are dair dinkum then please do the research and I will advise you where necessary.

scholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• City Fan
    City Fan

Scholar writes:

these scholars trivialize the date 607 which really differs from the Devil's dates of 587/586
    what I do reject is the wholesale dogmatism surrounding 587/586 when it has no more proof than 607

I think what you are trying to say is that scholars and assyriologists choose the date 587/586 not because of a mountain of evidence but simply because they are in league with the devil.

I think that's possibly the worst line of reasoning you've ever come up with.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi IW,

: Looking forward to your response.

Keep your shirt on, keep your shirt on. Been busy!

: LOL, what's it like for your poor wife? Does she ever win an argument? Yes, I am sure she does.

Better believe it! But not on Biblical chronology.

: It's only here you are such a pesky piece of taffy. Posting to you feels like walking in taffy, just no way to get out without some of it stuck to our shoes. lol

If I'm taffy, you're the La Brea Tar Pits.

Now back to business, yup.

I see that we've been working at cross purposes a bit here. Let me reiterate our exchange. I had said to you:

:::: ... if Watchtower chronology is correct, it would overthrow a tremendous amount of good scholarship and invalidate much of what we know about ancient history. That ain't gonna happen, any more than Newton's Laws are going to be overthrown. Second, the Bible itself clearly kills the basics of Watchtower chronology...

So, I clearly established the parameters of the discussion: Watchtower chronology. I have also stated repeatedly that we are concerned here with Neo-Babylonian chronology, i.e., 626-539 B.C., since this is the period critical to Watchtower claims.

I also want to emphasize that the Bible itself proves that modern secular chronology is correct, via 2 Chronicles 36:20, Jeremiah 25:11, 12 and a host of other scriptures. When both the Bible and secular history agree down to a year on most critical dates (note that 587/6 for Jerusalem's destruction is argued about only because the Bible is the only source of information, and it is ambiguous) it's pretty much a no-brainer to conclude that the secular dating is correct and therefore will not change.

It should also be clear that minor details of events are not my concern here. Indeed, it has proved to be, for about 100 years, that new minor details, while possibly revising some ideas of events, have not materially changed the basic and most widely accepted chronology by more than three years since Isaac Newton's Chronology of Ancient Kingdoms Amended was published in 1728. For example, Newton dates the destruction of Jerusalem as occuring in the 160th year since Babylonian king Nabonassar began to rule (747 B.C. by modern dating) and the fall of Babylon as occuring in the 210th year. That translates to 588 and 538 B.C., just one or two years different from presently accepted dating. Newton did not assign specific calendar dates to these events, but stuck to relative dating, typically using the "Nth year of Nabonassar" (of course, this simply means Nth year from Nabonassar's first year). By about 1900, every critical date in the Neo-Babylonian period was either exactly what today's scholars accept, or just one year different. By not later than about 1920, virtually all scholars agreed on all critical dates. What dates? The following:

Nebuchadnezzar's accession: 605
    Jehoiachin's deportation: 597
    Jerusalem's destruction: 587/6
    Babylon's fall: 539
    Cyrus' 1st year: 538
    Return of Jewish exiles: 538/7

Given the above background, it should be evident that you missed the point with your reply, because you were talking about all of ancient history rather than the much narrower topic of critical dates in the Neo-Babylonian period. You said:

::: Our knowledge of ancient history is not as static as you try to assert it is in the first statement, it is more fluid.

I did not realize that you had misunderstood so completely, and so I replied:

:: It is not fluid for the Neo-Babylonian period. It was established many decades ago and has not changed by more than a year, in the basics, for more than three hundred years.

Of course, I should have said that the chronology had not changed by more than three years, rather than by one year.

Given this background, let's examine your reply:

: What I am about to post is not in any way connected to Jonsson's work only to my statement that ancient history is something which is continually being discovered and each discovery changes the picture.

Note that you still have not picked up on my repeated emphasis that we are talking not about all of ancient history, but only about the critical dates in Neo-Babylonian chronology.

: Smithsonian June 2003, Saving Iraq's Treasures, Ashur, page 49

: "Yet in 614 BC., the Medes-a people from today's Iran--attacked the Assyrian Empire and laid waste to fortified Ashur...

Fine. 614 B.C. is the presently accepted date for when Ashur was attacked. That it may well have survived for some time, perhaps a couple of years after the initial attack, does not change any date in presently accepted Neo-Babylonian chronology.

: Archeology Odyssey, July/August, Plundering the Past, The Rape of Iraq's National Museum, page 19,

: "One important group of tablets was found as recently as 1986. At Sippar, 20 miles southwest of Baghdad, Iraqi achaeologists discovered a nearly intact archive from the Neo-Babylonian period (625-539 B.C.)...

Once again, the new discoveries have not changed any long-accepted dates.

: My point was that our knowledge of ancient history is subject to change,

In general, of course. No one is going to dispute that. What I am quite certain of is that the critical dates of Neo-Babylonian history that are currently accepted are not going to change, because there is too much material that zeroes in on them. To overthrow them would require the discovery of an even greater amount of contrary evidence, and then we would be left with a huge mass of contradictory information that would lead nowhere. It's the same with Newton's Laws of physics, as I mentioned previously.

: whereas my knowledge of my appearance is not.

Your knowledge, yes. Our knowledge of you on this board, no. Why? Because I've never seen you, and neither has anyone else that I know of.

::: The gorilla comparison was off the mark because I know what I look like.

And in the same way, modern scholars know what the dates of Neo-Babylonian chronology "look like".

:: Yes, but no one else on this board knows what you look like. For all we know, you could be a talking gorilla.

: Now you are changing the parameters of our original discussion

On the contrary, I have stuck to them. You have completely misunderstood the parameters, as I showed above.

: (there's that taffy again.

There's that tar again.

: You originally said:

:: Suppose I come up with a theory: "IslandWoman is a 500 pound gorilla."

:: If anyone were to make a good argument for this theory, would you acknowledge it?

The point here is that you know that you're not a gorilla, by personal experience (at least, I hope this is so ). It is as certain that you are not a gorilla as it is that today's Neo-Babylonian chronology is not wrong by 20 years -- which is what Watchtower chronology demands. It is nearly as certain that the critical dates I listed above for this period are not going to change much, if at all, no matter how many additional archaeological finds are made.

: In the original discussion I asked if you would acknowledge a good argument,

And I said I would, but that it was not possible that modern secular chronology for the Neo-Babylonian period could be overthrown. I said this because I've studied the material, and to me it's as certain as the fact that you're not a gorilla.

: you came back and asked me if I would acknowledge one.

And in the same way that I said that a good argument could not be made because certain facts preclude it, you also stated certain facts (i.e., you can see that you're not a gorilla) that convince you that a good argument cannot be made.

: It was never about proving anything to others but only our own recognition of a good argument.

Well, not entirely. We don't exist in a vacuum, so what others think is important. More to the point, both of us know the facts, and those facts show that a valid counterargument cannot be made. As you pointed out:

: My appearance is known to me, the detailed facts of ancient history may or may not be fully or without a doubt accurately known.

Except that the critical dates for the Neo-Babylonian period are accurately known.

: Therefore to say that no evidence will ever be found that could influence your judgment on the matter is imo just a tad prejudicial and closed minded.

Well, I suppose I wouldn't stake my life on it, but neither would I stake my life on an assumption that Newton's Laws will never be overthrown. It's really a matter of probabilities. The probability that new material will be found that would overthrow modern Neo-Babylonian dating is next to nil. So is the probability that Newton's Laws will be overthrown.

: Weight of evidence is fine, but if all science was simply based on the weight of evidence of past theories than the earth would still be the center of the universe, the stars are still going around us aren't they?

This is a really bad example, IW. There never was any "weight of evidence", scientifically speaking, for the earth being the center of the universe. There never was any scientific evidence at all. The only reason people thought that was because of mythical notions handed down in hoary theological works like the Bible.

There exist today a number of "theories", such as the theory of gravity, that are so well established by empirical evidence that they cannot possibly be changed in a significant way. They may well be modified and made more accurate, just as Newton's law of gravitational attraction was modified slightly (but extremely significantly) by Einstein's theory of gravity. No doubt Einstein's theory will eventually be modified a bit as well.

But note an important point: these well-established theories are not overthrown by new evidence, they are modified by it. In the same way, just as the archaeological discoveries you pointed out above have modified some details of events in the Neo-Babylonian period, they have not overthrown the overall framework of dates of critical events. Some present theories of 'whatever' may well be overthrown, but not things like gravity -- there is simply too much weight of evidence and experience.

: Science moves forward precisely because it challenges the weight of evidence that came before, it seeks to understand the unknown by inventing hypotheses sometimes built on the slimmest weight of evidence.

Very true. Now, if you could manage to come up with a reasonable scenario that could invalidate presently accepted Neo-Babylonian chronology, I'd be all ears. But you'd have to explain why the huge mass of evidence that for hundreds of years has pointed in one direction is invalid. Unless you can, this is merely an interesting but rather useless exercise -- kind of like me speculating whether you could be a 500-pound gorilla. That, of course, was a point of my counter-example.

: You are talking about dates. I was talking about a concept, a question: Would AlanF acknowledge a good argument even though it went against what he believed to be true?

And the answer is Yes. But it would have to be proved.

: This is after all what is expected of JWs who wander in here is it not?

No question about it.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Gamaliel and City Fan,

Isn't it amazing, the level of brain disfunction that JWism brings? No evidence -- not the Bible, not secular proof, not even God himself -- can sway these intellectual microbes from the Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnessess -- worship the Governing Body!

AlanF

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    you'd have to explain why the huge mass of evidence that for hundreds of years has pointed in one direction is invalid

Alan --

I suspect that the average non-historian/non-archaeologist has no real appreciation for just how huge the mass of evidence is.

Thousands and thousands of dated documents from multiple sites cover every year of the neo-Babylonian period. The kings are known and the lengths of their reigns are known, and the regnal years are established over and over with no gaps and no room for extra kings or extra regnal years.

The WT's 20 extra years can't be made to fit in anywhere. The evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

And the following Persian chronology is confirmed by the double-dated 5th century BCE Elephantine papyri.

Every time I see an article on something from the neo-Babylonian period I think of how it inevitably stands as another witness against the WTS chronology.

I've been looking though my files, and today I was struck by this one concerning an ironsmith named Nabuzeriddin who worked during years 9-18 of Nabopolassar's reign. This is not significant enough to be named in COJ's book, but I think it is noteworthy in that it is one of thousands of ordinary (even boring) day-to-day dated business documents. The point is that they all fit within the established chronology. The extra 20 years simply don't exist.

http://www.achemenet.com/pdf/nabu/nabu1996-025.pdfNABU 1996-25 Laurie E. Pearce Iron <Stars > in the Neo-Babylonian Period The cuneiform text WHM 1536 1 mentions << 3 kak-kab-ti AN.BAR >> which Sack translates as << star-shaped iron objects >>, but does not identify. These objects are received, along with 2 iron sickles, by Nabu-zer-iddin, the smith.

While star-shaped ornaments are frequently mentioned as decorations for cult images2, they are typically fashioned out of malleable metals, i.e. gold, silver, and copper. To my knowledge, they are not fashioned out of iron. In light of the practice of marking the hands of temple oblates with the symbol of the deity to whom they were dedicated 3, and of branding animals belonging to temple herds 4, the iron objects mentioned in WHM 1536 must be the star-shaped branding irons used to mark individuals dedicated to Istar or animals belonging to the herds of the Eanna in Uruk.

The branding tool, simtu, is known to have been made out of iron 5. Humans and animals branded with the < > are attested 6. The tool described as the < > is mentioned in connection with the marking of oblates' hands 7. As the star was the well-known symbol of Istar, scribes did not have to specify that the brand was < >.

But the branding tool itself is nowhere described as having a star-shaped end. Thus, the mention of these star-shaped iron in WHM 1536 completes the description of tools employed related to this practice.

The identity of the smith also helps to date WHM 1536 and WHM 1610 8.Both are dated only by day, month, and year number; the name of the reigning king is not recorded in either text. However, it is possible to identify the reign from which these texts come by the name of the smith, Nabu-zer-iddin, recipient of the iron tools.
    In the Yale Babylonian Collection, there are 23 unpublished Eanna texts from the reign of Nabopolassar which deal with iron and iron tools 9. All of them name Nabu-zer-iddin as the iron-smith. The Yale texts show that Nabuzeriddin served as iron-smith from years 9-18 of Nabopolassar. Both WHM 1536 and 1610 were written in the ninth year of their unnamed kings, and are therefore to be considered part of this group of texts.
    1. The siglum WHM identifies cuneiform texts in the collection of the World Heritage Museum of the University of Illinois. WHM 1536 is published as text 10 in: Ronald H. Sack. Cuneiform Documents from the Chaldean and Persian Periods. Selinsgrove, Pa.: Susquehanna Univ. Press, 1994.

2. See CAD K, p. 49, kakkabu 3a.

3. R. Dougherty discussed the practice of marking the hand of temple oblates inThe Shirkûtu of Babylonian Deities. YOSR 5/2. (New Haven: Yale UniversityPress, 1923). See also D. Arnaud, «Un document juridique concernant lesoblats8, RA 67 (1973) 147-156.

4. For references to the branding of animals with the marks of various deities,see CAD ./3, p. 11, sub ßimtu 3.

5. The following texts mention ßimtu parzillu: Durand, Textes babyloniens pl.64: 14 (and Joannès, Textes économiques, p. 137) = duplicate of YOS 6 11: 14;150: 20; GCCI 194: 1.

6. For individuals branded with the < >, see CAD ./2 307, sub ßamåtu. Animals branded with the << star of the Lady of Uruk >> are mentioned in AnOr 8 38: 17 TCL 13 125: 5; 147: 1; 159: 4; 192: 4; YOS 6 120; YOS 7: 7; 9; 14; 15; 30; 41; 111; 125; 128; 132; 140; 161; 192.

7. For mention of people marked with this tool, see: Durand, Textes babyloniens,p. 64: 14; AfK 2 107; YOS 6 11: 14; 150: 20.

8. Sack, Cuneiform Documents from the Chaldean and Persian Periods, text 9.

9. The text numbers are: NCBT 201, 202, 229, 248, 259, 268, 290, 299, 307, 311, 312, 314, 334, 349, 376, 383, 498, 1125, 2287. In addition, the following Nabopolassar texts containing references to receipts of iron and iron tools:NBC 1174; YBC 7382, 11273, 11323. Professor William Hallo, Curator of the Yale Babylonian Collection, kindly permitted me to cite these text numbershere. Dr. Paul-Alain Beaulieu confirmed that Nabu-zer-iddin is the ironsmithmentioned in the four NBC and YBC texts which I have not yet examined.

Laurie E. Pearce (26-02-96)
    University of California, Berkeley, USA
    (Her email is given at the end of the article. If you want to see it, click on the link to the article.)

Marjorie

• City Fan
    City Fan

Good post alleymom

The WT's 20 extra years can't be made to fit in anywhere. The evidence is absolutely overwhelming

Looking at the society's Daniel book on page 63 at a section titled "A warrior King builds an Empire" it states that 'Nebuchadnezzar thus ascended the throne of Babylon in the year 624 BCE.' The section states that this was immediately after he defeated Pharoah Necho at the battle of Carchemish and so the society have to date this battle at 625 BCE.

As a result the society are 20 years out with this date as well. Egyptian inscriptions and documents show that Pharoah Necho of the Saite Dynasty reigned from 610 - 595 BCE. So the battle of Carchemish must have been in 605 BCE not 625 BCE. It logically follows that Nebuchadnezzar's 18th regnal year was between 587 and 586 BCE.

AlanF - the term 'intellectual microbes' was spot on.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

scholar,

I could respond in kind to each of the points you have made but frankly you have made up your mind that regardless of anykind of evidence or opinions of other scholars regarding chronology, you will believe in 586/587. That is fine with me .

Actually I haven't made up my mind about 586/7, but not to worry. Frankly, I don't think anyone expected you to respond to my points about fallacious logic and argumentation. They are just general observations. I'm sure we'd rather see you finally come through and offer some evidence relevant to the topic. You always act as if you do (or will) have some, and then show nothing except this vague idea that any new book on the subject shows that Babylonian chronology is under "new scrutiny," or that it doesn't mention Jonsson. You seem to miss the logical fact that both these points actually hurt your argument. Every new book that puts the Babylonian period under more scrutiny, yet proposes the same chronology --as they all do-- just further entrenches the existing chronology. Every new book not only supports the long-standing Babylonian chronology within a year or two, but does it without reference to Jonsson, so that all your supposed issues with Jonsson are therefore also shown to be irrelevant.

You have failed 100% of the time, so far, to show how any new evidence materially affects the chronology of the period. Also, you are wrong that I have made up my mind to ignore any new evidence or opinions of other scholars about anything other than 587/6. I personally have no direct stake in 607 vs 587/6. But I am still anxiously awaiting any, and I mean any such evidence.

My only personal concern at the moment is the apparent deceitfulness of your argumentation. For example, all scholars I have ever read appear sure about it within a year or two, and you have again implied that I'm ignoring evidence or opinions of other scholars regarding chronology. By now, I'm sure you realize that this is dishonest because neither you nor anyone else will point out a scholar who has any evidence outside the norm. I am left to assume that if you are not dishonest, you are something like a twelve-year old who hopes to vicariously ride on the coattails of someone else whom you expect will someday offer such evidence. I'm anxious to hear whether Furuli makes an honest attempt.

I am freankly not interested in trying to convert anyone to 607 chronology but what I do reject is the wholesale dogmatism surrounding 587/586 when it has no more proof than 607.

There once existed wholesale dogmatism for the belief that claimed irrational numbers didn't exist, such that a story survives that Pythagoras supposedly drowned one of his own students who believed in irrational numbers. Just yesterday, someone called 587/6 the "Devil's dates". Years earlier the Watchtower Society referred to dates like 1874, 1878, 1881 and 1915, among others, as "God's dates" that could not be changed by even one year. Is this the kind of "wholesale dogmatism" you refer to?

Afterall, 697 [607] is a calculated date based on the evidence of scripture and secular history and if I have to explain that to you then what level of knowledge do you possess.?

You don't have to explain it. I never had to care whether 607 was right or not, I rejected 1914 long before Jonsson, and Jonsson's unpublished manuscript was pointed out to me only when I mentioned the Scriptural reasons for rejecting 1914 to a friend in the Writing Dept at Bethel. For what it's worth, I told my friend that even if 607 was correct, the Bible still gives us reason enough to reject 1914. My reasons, at the time, were that Matthew and Luke said not to listen to anyone who says that Jesus has arrived but we just can't see him: "if anyone says he is in the inner chambers, believe it not" (Mt 24:23) . Also do not go after anyone who says: "The time is at hand." (Luke 21:8) The two most widely published books by the WTS in 1914 included one million-seller named "The Time is at Hand". It's sole purpose was to produce exactly the kind of thinking Jesus is said to have warned against in Matthew, Mark and Luke. (The other book, by the way, was about how CT Russell had found Jesus parousia witnessed in the "inner chambers" of some building outside of Cairo.)

If you really are dair dinkum then please do the research and I will advise you where necessary.

Absolutely!!! Please advise me. I promise to read whatever I can get my eyes on. Honestly.

Gamaliel

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good observations on "scholar's" lack of intellectual integrity, Gamaliel. Also on why you rejected the Watchtower's claims to know dates in advance, based on Jesus' unambiguous words.

I don't remember if I ever told you, but in my 2nd and last conversation with Albert Schroeder, in September 1994, I directly challenged him as to why he obviously thought that Luke 21:8 does not apply to JWs. After a good deal of hemming and hawing on his part, and pestering for an answer on my part, he finally said, "You're not going to let this go, are you?" I said, "No, it's too important." He said, "It can't apply to us. We're God's people!" I thought to myself, what a moron, and so typical of JWs! They're so blinded by their own self-importance that they reject the Bible whenever they don't like its clear words.

You're spot on that "scholar" steadfastly refuses to present any evidence, and almost always relegates a presentation to the indefinite future. Like the Society itself, he rejects the unambiguous refutation of Watchtower claims about the 70 years seen in the combination of 2 Chronicles 36:20 and Jeremiah 25:11, 12. The latter prophesies that the Jews would serve the dynasty of Nebuchadnezzar 70 years; the former states that that servitude ended when the Persians began to reign. Thus the 70 years ended in 539 B.C., killing off any reason (except self-promotion) for Watchtower apologists to stick to the Society's claims about 537 B.C. But of course, these intellectually dishonest cretins don't like what the Bible says, and so they reject it.

Knowing that 2 Chron. 36:20 is fatal to its delusions of grandeur as keeper of "God's dates", the Society has never commented on it. Indeed, a search of references in WTS literature shows that on occasion, it has even suppressed the offending passage through the use of ellipses. For example, the December 1, 1964 Watchtower (p. 734), when presenting an argument as to why Judah was desolate for a full 70 years, quoted the scriptures thus:

"So he brought up against them the king of the Chaldeans, . . . And he proceeded to burn the house of the true God and pull down the wall of Jerusalem; . . . Furthermore, he carried off those remaining from the sword captive to Babylon, and they came to be servants to him and his sons until the royalty of Persia began to reign; to fulfill Jehovah’s word by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had paid off its sabbaths. All the days of lying desolated it kept sabbath, to fulfill seventy years."-2 Chron. 36:17-23; compare also Daniel 9:1, 2.

They deliberately cut out the passage about the Jews ceasing servitude to Babylon when the Persians began to reign, because they knew perfectly well that any reader capable of following their argument up to that point would have had no trouble understanding that the passage contradicts the rest of the interpretation. Indeed, a simple reading must conclude that 2 Chron. 36:21 contradicts 2 Chron. 36:20. But a more studied reading shows that the latter is unambiguous and therefore determines the meaning of the former.

Don't hold your breath waiting for "scholar" to give other than his usual moronic, contentless dismissal of the above information.

AlanF

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

AlanF,

If scholar ever has any evidence to offer, I am the perfect candidate to discuss it with him, because as I explained, I really don't have any direct stake in 607 vs 587 but I am now interested enough to start a more thorough study and discussion. It seems that you, Earnest, CityFan, alleymom and several others have already paid your dues in researching this area, and can now dismiss the whole argument as similar to arguing that the moon is made of green cheese (Thanks for the analogy, Earnest).

Your experience with Bert Schroeder sounds exactly like him. As I think you know, he asked me to do some research for him on several Greek issues, and I had full access to his office and library, even when he wasn't there. He had several issues to research but the closest I could offer him anything useful on was our NWT translation for "house-to-house." I actually feel a bit guilty about giving him some pro-JW work on that issue because he was able to make use of it, but my further work attempted to be too balanced to be of any use to him (that I saw in print anyway, although he sometimes worked ideas into talks and letters responding to questions). It's just ridiculous looking back on what an amateur I was. Of course, I thank Bert for helping me build a study library that I still own, but he himself, I have to say, was nearly helpless even with all his commentaries. I still respect him for certain things. For one thing he stood up against Fred Franz now and then. I believe now that it may have been for his own political reasons and that he miscalculated a few times. They say that his miscalculations even damaged Judah Ben's Bethel career by a few years.

I'll give you one of my Bert Schroeder stories which indirectly led to a good ending, via chaos theory: He hated it when F Franz gave his "kidney/liver/fat" talk to the Gilead class in 1978 or 9 and he knew his own "heart as 'literal' seat of emotion" talk was far more edifying. I think he actually won that argument and was happy that F Franz kidney/liver talk never made it into print (as far as I knew, at least). I still have the notes on that Gilead talk somewhere. It was a hilarious talk, unintentionally. I actually repeated it almost verbatim at a party in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn the next weekend, based on a serious request by the host, for those who were not "privileged" to get to the graduation. My future wife was there at the party and could see through my own veiled skepticism, so that I thank Fred, too, for a talk that has led to a marriage of 23 years and counting -- plus 3 kids and not counting.

Ahh! The memories... //

Gamaliel

• Analysis
    Analysis

AlanF

"I've presented arguments that prove conclusively that 2 Chronicles 36:20 and Jeremiah 25:11, 12 together are absolutely conclusive that Watchtower chronology is wrong, and that these are completely consistent with standard secular history. You just don't find such close correspondence among independent archaeological sources unless they all point to the same conclusions."

Could you briefly restate what 2 Chronicles 36:20 states. In the bible edition I have I don't see what the conflict is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit