What is the role of the Annointed NOT on the GB?

by LDH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Does anyone have an answer to this question? Other than 'partaking', what exactly is it that 8,000 old boogers do the rest of the year?

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that out of these 8,000+ old boogers, only like 9 of them are on the GB? Shouldn't the WHOLE batch of them be considered the GB?

Please tell me, what, if any, influence any Annointed had in your congregation?

In my old cong, there was an 'annointed' couple. He died in the mid 70's, I don't remember him much. But his wife, who recently died, was the most pompous, self-righteous old #*$&^ you'd ever want to meet. I don't think out of the 25 years I knew her, she ever said one nice thing about ANYONE.

Any other experiences out there?

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

I met one anointed one once.......he was a pretty humble guy.

Before I left a thought up a theory that the reason there was so many young anointed replacements is because the deceased GB and FDS members were bloodguilty over Malawi v Mexico, False Prophesy, Blood Transfusions and just being total assholes (see CoC) and they were being assigned back to the earthly class or worse.

The role of the FDS is to provide food at the proper time and run the various corporations.

• LDH
    LDH

Apostle,

I know about the FDS, everyone does. They run a publishing house.

I asked, what is the role of the Annointed (i.e., Christ's brothers) that are NOT on the GB?

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

On the local level either elders, MS or nothing at all. The anointed I met doesn't got to meetings anymore cos he's soooo old. Only goes to the memorial.

Truthfully I was told there was really less than 2000 real anointed left in the world from what an elder told me. Most anointed r fakes from Africa.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey LDH:

I don't believe that those at Headquarters believe that there are really 8,000 anointed left on earth. I remember about 5 yrs ago, I was talking to a young MS. This was right about the time the knowledge book came out. He told myself and some other brothers who were up and comers in the the congregation that during the CO's visit the subject of the anointed came up. The CO then divulged that the Society really believes that most of the anointed live in and around the New York area, that there are really maybe a few of them left that are really anointed. That's why in the magazines they prefer to focus on the ratio of partakers to non-partakers. Which of course is huge and more indicative of the fact that we are close to the time of the "end".

I have met a brother who professed to be anointed. He is rather young
    about 5 yrs ago I would put him at about late 40's early 50's. He was disfellowshipped in the 60's in Georgia. Already at the time he was disfellowshipped he had been a cogregation servant and professed to be one of the anointed. Now he has a son who is a Bethel elder another young son is about 13 now and a beautiful wife. All whom he brought into the org when he was reinstated about ten yrs ago. After being difellowshipped for over 20 yrs! He was a deeply spiritual man, who used to get up every morning at 5:00 am just to read the bible. From what I know about him he is just a real good man, no magic or anything associated with him.

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• philo
    philo

LDS

I think the existence of the non-ruling anointed now, is to give the impression, to the impressionable, that there is a supra-national leadership.

Mark Miller wrote in his autobio about being a young-anointed and getting zero progress, with any of his ideas, at Brooklyn.

philo

• Lindy
    Lindy

I have known several over the years and I asked a couple of them at different times if they were involved in anything much. The answer was always no. One woman told me that the only time she has been in contact with headquarters is when they have a question that they put to the lot of them to see if they might all "be in agreement" on some topic. Even that had at that time, only happened once. So in general, as much as I have ever been told is that they are pretty much like the rest of us, on the outside looking in. Most that I have known have also been very nice and unpretentious, working for a living and having the same problems the rest were.
    Lindy

• AlanF
    AlanF

The anointed who are not on the Governing Body have three roles to fulfill: provide a pretense for the doctrine of a "faithful and discreet slave" class; provide a group that the Society can point to as worthy of being "Christ's brothers" and consuming the emblems; provide a pool of replacements for the GB itself.

Non-GB anointed people have no more say in running the Watchtower organization than anyone else does. Less, in fact. The ones with the most power, and who are just about edging out the GB itself in terms of real power, are the Assistants (aka Nethinim, Given Ones), and other top officials such as those who are now at the helm of the various Watchtower corporations. Most of these are not anointed.

In practical terms, most of the people who are old enough to be respected as "real anointed ones" are too old to do much of anything, and the younger anointed have real problems being accepted as real. Most often younger anointed ones are considered nutcases, and so it's an uphill battle for the non-nuts to be accepted. But a few are, as shown by the recent appointments to the GB of younger men, who I believe ranged from roughly 55 to 70.

AlanF

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello LDH,

I'll share with you some points:

* I've knwon personally some anointed ones, humble and quite
    I would say even reserved;

* The Wts has written recently in the WT and Daniel book
    "...the number on genuine anointed is dwindling..."
    So, they recognize that few, some...are not truly anointed.

* If we take the "records "in 1981 9,601 partook the memorial
    emblems, and almost 19 years later "only" 8,661 partook in the
    year 2000! Which makes 940 anointed "disappeared from the scene
    of this world" in 19 years. At this rate , 49 /year... you
    do see the point.

* As to the activity of the actual 8,661 , you're right. Things
    are done only in Brooklyn, unless proved the contrary.

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• beroea
    beroea

It’s very simple. Only GB matters - others don’t. We have a couple of old men in NY deeply believe they are the mouth of God. It’s very sorry. If they just were “bad guys” it’s was simpler, but they believe they are some special and even think they have proves from the Bible.

So those thinking they are anointed - based on the doctrines - have in fact nothing to say and GB doesn’t even want to listen to those even the doctrines say all are – as said in Mat 24.45.

Many have tried to bring those men back to ground with no results. What a sad story. It’s only a question of having the power – nothing else in fact.

Beroea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit