Really hurt my feelings hope you were kidding

by freein89 19 Replies latest jw friends

• freein89
    freein89

The threads that might get locked thread

It was very painful to me. The anti American ones. Why? I hope it was in jest, those who made them please explain yourselves, because I don't understand. I do not agree with everything my government does, I don't like war mongering. But some focused on American culture. What is it that is so bad. My take on American culture is embodied by the little red wagon we got our grandson for his first birthday. July 2, by the way. The Radio Flyer, little red wagon, a part of American culture-no grandson of ours will grow up without one. Are you going by smutty TV shows? If so get a clue, thats not American culture, it may be a subset, but it is not by any means the majority.

Do you think we don't love our kids or care for our parents? Do you think we only care about money? Anyhow you hurt my feelings, thought you should know.

Deb

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

frenin89, if I have not welcomed you, welcome to the board.

Please don't let the anti-American stuff get to you. Especially on today. Some of our ex-jw comrades know it gets our dander up so they post things just to see who will respond.

Most are not *anti-American*. They are anti-George W., anti-republican, anti-everything-else-except-Clinton-with-Monica-on-his-face.

Please remember it is July 4th and the meaning that has for *most* Americans. Don't let former pacifists get you down. The reality is that a bunch of former ex-JWs debating politics is like Bill and Hillary debating marriage fidelity.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the topic titles were meant to be funny (I got a fair bit of stick in it)

Don't take it too seriously.

• freein89
    freein89

teenyuck,

thankyou, that helps. And I would certainly enjoy watchin ole' Bill and Hillary debatin marriage fidelity. It would be so refreshing!!!

Deb

• berylblue
    berylblue

I once asked my English ex-husband, (perhaps ex-English ex-husband would be more accurate, 'cause he ain't never going back)an insufferable snob, why everyone hated Americans. In a rare moment of candor, he hesistated for a moment, then simply stated, "Jealousy".

Rosemarie

• mouthy
    mouthy

I for one love the Yanks..... Especially ONE in particular(((John))

I think it is silly to go into "my country is better than yours"debate.Every one knows Canada is the best country in the world, Berylblue-!!!-as for your ex-english hubby- he was wrong too>> England is the next best country..America?????/O.K. I have to admit what I ahve seen of it It is truly Gods country also ((((HUG Happy 4th

• myself
    myself

((((((((freedom))))))) the topic was about threads that might get locked, many of the topics that get started about other countries tend to get into a hot debate or flame war, because we can be sensitive. To tell you the truth when it really comes down to it, most of us don't even think about where the other posters are from, nor does it matter to us. We have a common bond in the need to free ourselves, heal ourselves, or to be here to help others.

• KGB
    KGB

Okay, here is my thoughts on this.

First I came to this board because I had left the JW society and was looking for some support. I did not know at that time that this board was a discussion board about political issues. But I guess some people get bored with themselves and get away from the purpose of this place. Everyone has different feelings about our governments and the leaders of our countries.

I really don't think that there is a single country where all the people are completely satisfied with who is leading there land. There are always going to be someone who believes and feels differently than we do ourselves. I have learned in this board not to let others get to me as some have and done so well, even to the point that I think they actually enjoyed making me pissed off. Today I do not allow others to irritate me in there beliefs or thoughts. If someone thinks I'm a dumb ass then so be it I really could'nt give a rats arse what they think about me as a person or about what I believe in.

If I don't like G.W. Bush or if I like Clinton it really doesnot matter. So in all this mess that we get ourselves into here my final thought is this. Who really gives a crap what others think. About our countries and about our leaders. There is never going to be everyone satisfied with either one. It's what you feel inside that counts and thats all that counts.. I for one love my country, I support it and I will die for it if needed be, I do not support the President and his actions in most things. As far as Clinton and Hilary goes I was not happy about his lies but then his cheating on his wife is not any of our buisness, that was between him and his wife as I am sure if any of us were in that same position we would not want the whole world to know about it, would we? We are all humans and we all make mistakes, there is no perfection here by any means.

So when someone says something that makes you angry or hurts your feelings tell them that and go on. That was a big lesson I had to learn here. Today I could not care less what others might think about what I say on this post or what I believe in as long as I am comfortable with what I believe then thats all that counts.

That's my story and I'm stickin` to it !!!!!!!!

• freein89
    freein89

Dear KGB and all who answered,

Thank you. I guess I was being sensitive and got my feelings hurt. Perhaps it was just the day. It doesn't do a lot of good to worry too much about what others think, but it does matter to me. I feel that the political discussions here are good, its all a part of being in the world, which is a good thing-right? I am glad I said something, because it would have festered and I would not have found out what you all think, what we think. I like to believe that we have a community here and a community does not need to be free from dissent and opinion, arguments and hurt feelings happen. The good news is that I have found that I can let people know how I feel and they will care. Thats what a community is all about, banding together even if you get your toes stepped on. Rock on and you English-mind the gap. Yup I traveled London in the "tube" and found the mind the gap warnings hysterical.

Deb crap-i got off subject again-add perhaps?

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))Freein89>>>>Your alright !!!Take everything with a grain of salt..The threads you get "ticked" at rock on. Yes mind the gap reminds me of home LONDON Now a Canadian---You said you had an ex englishman- Have you got another or was "once was enough"????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit