Lightning Strikes Preacher Who Asked For Sign

by seawolf 13 Replies latest social current

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Good grief.

Stories like this always remind me of the movie "Oh, God"...which contained my all-time favorite movie quote dealing with evangelists (paraphrased except for the last sentence)...

Slimey Tele-Evangelist: "So, you speak to God, huh?"

John Denver's Character: "Yes"

E: "Did he give you a message for me?"

JD: "Yes"

E: "Really?! What did he say??"

JD: "He wishes you'd just stop."

• ballistic
    ballistic

We had a thunder storm here on the south coast, UK the other day and me and 2 blokes in my flat were all woken up by an almighy crash of thunder which reverberated around the house for several seconds. We all swore that there was physical vibration also. It was so loud we were all woken (even after a night out drinking!). This was no ordinary clap of thunder. We could only guess it hit either our house or very nearby. All the electrical clocks, etc were flashing 0:00 in the morning so the power must have cut out.

Was it a sign though - that is the question?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    crash of thunder which reverberated around the house for several seconds. We all swore that there was physical vibration also.

We just experienced this a couple days ago, and this area is not known for thunder storms. There was a thunder clap so loud that it definitely vibrated the house. It does indicate a closer than usual strike of lightning.

You basically experienced a close proximity sonic boom.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I guess he got his sign. I wonder if he should repent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit