Lightning Strikes Preacher Who Asked For Sign

by seawolf 13 Replies latest social current

• seawolf
    seawolf

Bolt Hits Steeple, Travels Through Guest Evangelist's Microphone

POSTED: 1:35 p.m. EDT July 3, 2003 UPDATED: 1:45 p.m. EDT July 3, 2003

FOREST, Ohio -- Damage to a church in Forest, Ohio, is estimated at $20,000 after a preacher asked God for a sign.

A member of the First Baptist Church said a guest evangelist was preaching repentance and seeking a sign from God when lightning struck the steeple.

Ronnie Cheney called the incident "awesome, just awesome!"

Cheney said the lightning traveled through the microphone, blew out the sound system and enveloped the preacher, who wasn't hurt.

Afterward, services resumed for about 20 minutes until the congregation realized the church was on fire. The building was evacuated

• myself
    myself

Well I guess the sign couldn't be any clearer then that! Be careful what you ask for.....

• wednesday
    wednesday

that is so creepy. Hard beieve it was a chance happening, but certainly could be. but was the lightening an approval or disapproval? i would consider it NOT A GOOD SIGN lol

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Hard beieve it was a chance happening

Why? Surely that's the easiest and most logical thing to believe. Baptist preachers look for signs all the time. They're rarely hit by lightning. Churches tend to be tall buildings and attract lightning (for scientific reasons, not superstitious ones).

• Scully
    Scully

I've got a sneaky suspicion that this sign was actually meant to convey: "Get the hell off the stage!"

Love, Scully

• Hamas
    Hamas

Pure coincidence

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Next time that preacher ought to think about contacting a reputable, fully insured sign company - with licensed electricians!

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

ROFL! I really thought that lightning from the Almighty was supposed to be a bad thing...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

It's the same sort of coincidence that happens when JWs amazingly call on a person who was just then praying for God to show them the truth! How many people pray to god for him to help? How many Witnesses are knocking on people's doors? It only makes sense that the two events would coincide every now and then! And not just JWs have that experience... I have heard the same stories from the Mormons.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Afterward, services resumed for about 20 minutes until the congregation realized the church was on fire

I presume the fire was a sign from Satan. Being pawns in a small town cosmic game can be very dangerous it seems.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit