What In Life Have You Kicked Yourself For?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

<--------------------------wishing I coulda ballroom danced from age four

ESTEE

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    WOW

Are you the gatekeeper?

lol.... I am the keymaster

lol @ Hamas

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

*raising hand* Another baptized-at-eight here. I'd certainly take that back if I could.

I had some great opportunities during college. One of my professors wanted to help me apply to Stanford for grad school. Another wanted me to assist on his research team. And I actually had a small paper approved for publication by the Association for Computing Machinery. I can't believe I turned those all down.

Also, the time I was in college was the peak of the tech worker shortage. I could have found a well-paying job at the drop of a hat. (I did, in fact, the one time I looked for one.) Instead, I went to work for my dad, so that we could start a business that would enable me to pioneer when I finished college. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I also decided to pioneer the last year that I was in college. On the one hand, I'm kinda glad I did that, so I could be more confident that I'd tried what the borg had to offer. I did make some wonderful friendships (although I suppose I'll have to give them all up ), and had a fantastic time at pioneer school. And ironically enough, pioneer school was actually what set me off on my journey out of the org. On the other hand, I pretty much collapsed physically, emotionally, financially, and academically that year.

I guess that it took what happened to bring me to the point where I am right now. But I wish I didn't have to learn the hard way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit