What In Life Have You Kicked Yourself For?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We all have wished that if we had just one more chance to make a decision and COULD HAVE changed things, we would have done something differently. Is there anything that you would have changed in your life if only you could?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Wow, Minimus, these keep getting better and better man.

One of my biggest mistakes was resigning from my old job. I miss the people so much, and I even miss the work (!?!)

It hurts me to remember that place. I had some great times.

Why did I have to leave ?

Such is life amigo, tal es vida.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I would've found a way to have a University education. I would've spent more time with my grandparents, who just passed away. I would've told certain elders to shove a large-print Watchtower up their bums. I would've honed my soul instead of plotting revenge against all who wronged me.

Lots of stuff I regret, I guess. Everything except my marriage.

ash

• minimus
    minimus

I shoulda thrown that Circuit Overseer down the convention stairs like I wanted to. It would've only been an accident.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Studying and getting baptized as a JW at the age of 19, I would really like to kick myself for that one. At the time I started studying with the JWs, I was going to college (this was in 1974-75). College was really frowned upon back then, so I dropped out. I could really kick myself for not finishing college.

Hapgood

• talley
    talley

I kick myself for not going back to Veterinary Medicine School in 1974 at the University of Minnesota.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

1. Not leaving the Borg sooner.

2. Not moving out of my parents' house before age 27 (when I got married).

3. Not getting a college degree.

4. Not insisting to Big Tex that we buy the dining table carved out of a single freeform piece of mahogany that I found in the rain forest of St. Croix despite the price (he agrees with me now).

5. Buying the Chevette from my Uncle Spero.

(a) NEVER buy a Chevette.

(b) NEVER buy a used car from a Greek used car dealer, even if he is your uncle.

6. A couple of haircuts that are still too traumatic to discuss.

Nina

• earthdreamer
    earthdreamer

Getting baptized at the age of 12.

Earthdreamer

• minimus
    minimus

How about putting off insurance or getting married or having children for the sake of the good news?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Despite doing everything to the best of my abilitites...loosing my last gf.

Still thinking like a dub sometimes.

Possibly hurting someone I really care about.

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit