Who’s gonna mow your grass

by solomon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiXc6AQRozQ

What most Jehovah’s witnesses don’t realize about their version of the new system is who’s gonna mow the grass?

After the system is destroyed who’s gonna make that nail your pounding with a hammer? Who’s gonna fix the roof every 30 years? Who’s gonna make that fancy glass wear and the fine clothes you’re wearing?

All of the people that you relied on for your cushy lifestyle are gone. Dead.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

One elder told our book study that in the new world our primary duty would be to tame the animals..... even fish. He actually said that no doubt we would be provided boats to go out into the water and tame the fish.

He didn't say who would be building the boats nor did he mention any of the fish taming techniques that would be employed.

New World WT article :

These fine brothers had a wonderful time taming fish in place of field service. They took seriously the words of the Slave just as they would the "voice of God" in the old system and now have this great never-to-be-repeated assignment in the New System. What a wonderful provision from the Slave!

Kranks Tame fish to 120lb! Ben Eglen | News | Korda

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@SeaBreeze:

Pfft haha... also *barf*.

Wonder where they got the paper and ink to print the New World WT?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

you won't need to mow the grass...the lions will be eating it as the bulls ( just making this up as i go! ) ( I would be willing to barter some sewing for grass mowing )

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Life in the New World will be old school good, clean livin'!

Ancient Skeletons Change History: Farming Invented Multiple Times Across  the Globe | Ancient Origins

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

No grocery stores. probably no electricity for your lights, stove, fridge, dishwasher, and washing machine and dryer. No microwaves or cell phones. No way to make roads or cars.

I used to mention that to my JW friends when they were busy picking out their new mansions. They didn't want to listen to those things.

Few knew how to make bread or preserves. Few knew how to grow vegetables.

And what about those appliances they were so used to. Who was going to make them? Who knew how to grow grain and thresh it and turn it into flour?

Who knew how to grow cotton or shear sheep and the process to make wool and turn the cotton or wool onto something that would make material? Who knew how to make clothes? By hand! No sewing machine or spindles or looms unless you made them yourself.

And no internet to learn how to do any of those things

As a Witness I made sure I knew a lot of those things. I was going to be ready.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Those that grew up on a farm know if you send cattle into a pasture, they will cut the grass to 5-10cm. Afterwards put in a flock of sheep. They will cut grass to 1-2cm. Cattle and sheep have the added benefit of adding natural fertilizer.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Where do they come up with these goofy speculations? I heard a brother mention on his talk that eventually no will have genitals. Lol

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I have heard that too @Biahi - that eventually people in Paradise will lose their genders and genitals.

Back to the subject of this thread though and I have heard it said by several knowledgeable elders that the Bethels and indeed Kingdom Halls are full of Brothers and Sisters who have the skills to do anything, from manufacturing mechanical and electrical products to upgrading water dams, forestry, you name it.

Me, I'm fully POMO and very sceptical about this idea, though.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the New World, mankind will fulfill their Divine Design as alimentary canals singing praise to the All-Father, one end of the canal consuming fields that they did not plant and the other end gratefully fertilizing those same fields. New creatures will appear, like the vegan fish shown above, composed entirely of algea and fungal mycellium, nutritious and HIGH FIBER.

Praise Jah, you tubes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit