Are there any JWs in here?

by natred 16 Replies latest jw friends

• natred
    natred

My family have suffered at the hands of this organization.
    Really suffered. It amazes me that any intellegent person is so blind as to believe the bullshit the society feeds.
    Everything I said in my original post is absolutely true!
    Yes I am angry and probably a little bitter, so would you be if your sister had been put into care, just because she didnt want to be a witness,and ended up on the streets as a drug addict. or the fact your dad died alone because of a drink problem.
    Or to be shunned by everyone you know, because you dont want to be part of this sinister religion.
    The world is a truly wonderful place, people are themselves, hypocrisy is not an issue,because they do not claim to be perfect. Peadophiles arenot covered up for fear of an orginiztions bad name.
    Do you really believe what the orginization tells you?
    you must be incredibly stupid.
    God those magazines with all squeaky clean faces of boring,grinning fools, assemblies, quick builds, courting, brothers and sisters,elders, CO visits, presentations,bible tudies.Song 113, fuck it makes me shiver...

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I like you already Nate :) Your honesty is refreshing! {{{{hugs}}}

• outnfree
    outnfree

Natred,

I'm sure you've got an interesting story that will explain your present utter disgust with the Society which seems to be upsetting to some here. Personally, I'm not surprised any longer when emotions run high. Many of us who have finally understood that our lives have been wasted go through a period of mourning which, of course, includes the anger you are feeling right now.

Please feel free to "vent" here anytime. That's what this site is all about -- freedom of expression, at last! -- and it's proven very helpful as exiting JWs deal with their feelings of anger and regret.

If you would like to, you could post that story someday on the Making New Friends Forum, and it may be a way to encourage to "have faith in themselves" so that they can live a "real, truly fulfilling life" outside of the org.

Welcome.

outnfree

• mommy
    mommy

natred,
    Welcome! Feel free to blow off steam, all of us have gone through an anger stage as well. I am glad you found this place. I am no prude by no means, but if you could tone down on the cussing

I also lost my family, and even though they are not physically dead, I am dead to them. I also have seen my brothers and sisters hurt by his org. It is so hard for people to leave and pick up the pieces of what is left in their life(not much) after they leave the org.

But it is truly wonderful to see the many who have left and do make their life better. Perhaps you could be an inspiration to others, by sharing your story of how you got out and are staying out.

Camay,
    I have missed you in the shuffle of so many who have joined recently. I just want to tell you that I have thought about the situation you are in. I am so sorry that your life has been affected by this religion as well. I hope that your boyfriend finds peace in his heart, and in turn gives you peace as well. Good Luck girl, I am sure you know by now, you will need it
    wendy

• outnfree
    outnfree

natred,

Well, seems like you're way ahead of me. Must not type fast enough.
    I am truly sorry for the horrible things that have happened to you and your family while worshipping at the Borg. May you find peace.

Again, welcome.

• BugEye
    BugEye

Natred:

Welcome aboard. Hope the spleen venting helps.

Unfortunatly, the reason many in the Borg cannot see the deception is that it
    is an incredibly scary proposition that they are going to die after all when for
    their entire conversion and life as a JW, the fear of death is effectively lifted
    from their shoulders.

Even most animals fight death with all they have, and in the indoctrination
    program of the Borg, they are slowly convinced that they need never die at all
    barring accidents and sickness.

This is different than most other religions which teach that you must die to
    get any reward and it is this difference that makes it incomprehensible to most
    JW's that death is real.

Camay:

I feel for you in your attempt, but as an ex drone, I suggest that the cross idea
    is rather mute and not likely to reap any rewards. Although they seem to make
    a big deal out of the cross stake matter, it would not actually help even if he
    were convinced you were right. First of all, anything in the NWT about the cross
    will be relatively easy to explain away. And second if Christ did die on a cross, he
    will simply suggest to you that Christendom should not worship that which took
    away the life of Jesus. Thereby convincing himself that he is still in the "truth"

Dave

• natred
    natred

thanks for all your replies,
    I found this site 2 days ago and have been rivetted since!
    There are a large number of websites relating to ex-jws, its amazing to speak with others who have gone through the same things, feel the same way!The internet must be so damaging to the org (what is Borg by the way?)Its about time too.
    Sorry ifi blew off steam a little loudly, its been a while since i have looked backwards!
    Anyone else from ristol/bath area U.K?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit