((((((((((((Vancouver)))))))))))))))))

by jwsons 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwsons
    jwsons

It's Vancouver for Winter 2010. But bad luck for Our Toronto 2012 Summer Olympic !

jwsons

• breal
    breal

Hurray! Well sort of! This win comes with many mixed viewpoints in Vancouver. While it will be wonderful it also means that the rapid transit line that was to have gone in one direction out of Vancouver to cities with major growth is going the other direction... this sucks for me who relies heavily on transit.

But hey it will put Vancouver on the map!

Cheers,

BReal

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

You know what I like about what they did in Vancouver?

They put a vote to the city, whether to host it or not. The citizens voted to go ahead.

Toronto did not have that option; Lastman and the city of Toronto took it upon themselves to arbitrarily make that decision for us.

Maybe 2016/2020 Summer Olympics: Toronto may bid for them. We'll see. At least Lastman (our present mayor) will no longer be running.

Congratulations to Vancouver!! Awesome .

• Realist
    Realist

damn you canadians!!!!

• Princess
    Princess

That is so cool! It's only a couple hours drive from here.

I was going to suggest an Olympics Apostafest but it's a bit soon, eh?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Estee! Do you have room for a buddy to bunk for a couple of weeks? I wanna book early.

• Mulan
    Mulan

All I can think about is how old I will be by then. Groan!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

jgnat wrote:

Estee! Do you have room for a buddy to bunk for a couple of weeks? I wanna book early.

WooHoo!!! It's partay time!!!! Youzz can all come and stay with meeeee!!!!

ESTEE

• talesin
    talesin

all i can think about is all the tax dollars that will be spent on this fiasco - and how will the folks in Van (exclude the big corporations/moneymakers) benefit from this?

Sorry for the negative slant, but i just can't see any benefits from the olympics - competition was something i was taught early as a jw, and i just hate it in any forum. i understand other people's enjoyment of the olympics (i.e., watching some events), but as far as taking any civic pride in having your city chosen for a site, i just don't get it.

that having been said, love VAN and the WEST COAST - may you live long and prosper

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Sorry I don't really care even though I live here. To me its just a big party for the rich, at the expense of the Taxpayers.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit