Can a person order a free bible through the JWs?

by jwundubbed 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I was researching the easiest bible to read (which the JW bible is not) and the best way to buy one online at low cost and it got me thinking. The JW.org is doing videos and has a website. Have they joined the order-online phenomenon that is going on in the world today? Can a regular person order a free bible from them? Can JW order a free bible from them online and what would they have to do in order to do that? Or is the publication system the same as it has always been and you have to get them from the elders/ministerial servants?

Does anybody know how this works these days?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Like the Borg is this days....they're gonna be more than happy to send you .... to read it on-line.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You can always register your interest in a free* home Bible study. 😂

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

@Jeffro... and that has what to do with my question? It isn't even in the same ballpark.

• New day
    New day

Hi. I don’t know about paper copies but you could download the JW library app on google play store or the apple store and there are a number of bibles available to download on the JW app.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jwundubbed:

and that has what to do with my question? It isn't even in the same ballpark.

Though intended humorously 🙄 it is indeed directly related to your question as the option I gave you is the only form of online communication that they provide. (Of course they also welcome donations, but that doesn’t include any option to order anything.) If you really wanted a physical Bible from them, you could then ask for a printed Bible from the local person who contacts you. Alternatively, you could get the phone number for a Kingdom Hall and ask them. 🤦‍♂️

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I think you mean, as in send in a request and they'd mail you a Bible?

No, they don't have anything like that.

You can read the NWT online, or as Jeffro suggested, fill out the online form to get a JW to visit you. If you manage to convince them you are "sincere" and not an apostate, and request them to hand-deliver a printed Bible to your door, they probably would.

Well at least they would have pre-pandemic...for now probably the only way to read the NWT is online, if you don't already have a copy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think UnDubbed you'd just have to rely on getting a kindly Jehovah's witness to give you one.

Of course we know it wouldn't really be free because your kindly JW would have had to pay for it out of her own pocket.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Back in the day, you requested a Bible and a slip of paper went from HQ to a congregation to send a JW to your door.

After COVID19, it will probably go back to that. I am certain they won't mail you anything.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My wife is writing letters, in which they often include one of the super-thin tracts they make now. I think they will occasionally mail out a WT or Awake on request, but I'm pretty sure anything bigger than that (like a Bible) they would not mail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit