Study with an Elder - propose a question.

by CitizenofEarth 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Now that I've done my best to help with your actual request, I can't help but go a little beyond....You say that you're interested in a girl, not god. This concerns me greatly. Is this girl, perhaps, a JW? If she is, please allow me to give you some unsolicited advice that has been given many times on this forum (and it has been shown to be good advice every time it has been ignored). If you're going after a JW, just cut your losses and walk away now. Anyone that wants you to study with an elder as a prerequisite for a relationship is not someone that you want to deal with. Even if she agrees to leave the cult right now, she could well be a ticking time bomb just waiting for some major life event to send her falling back in. It's happened to many on this forum - marry someone who was raised JW and left without ever really seeing that it was a cult and that they were brainwashed only to have the death of a family member or the birth of a child send them back to the cult, leaving the non-JW in a world of confusion and pain when they watch their spouse turn into a cult automaton. It's not worth it. Walk away now.

If you're feeling particularly charitable, tell her that you're worried for her and you think that she's in an overly controlling religion that does not have her best interests at heart. Tell her that you can't be in a relationship with someone that's being controlled by their religion to such a degree, that you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who will always invariably put a religious organization before you. And tell her that if she ever sees what you see, if she ever desires to leave but fears for her lack of social net outside of her group that will shun her should she leave, that you'll be there to support her and be her friend. That's the kindest thing you can do for her. At the same time, though, you have to be kind to yourself - don't waste years of your life chasing after a cultist that will drop you should the right person in authority in her cult direct her to do so. It's not worth it.

Now if that's not what you meant when you were talking about a girl, then I'll feel a little silly. But it doesn't hurt to put this out there yet again for posterity's sake and maybe someone else to whom it applies will happen upon it.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@littlerockguy Terry, as in @TerryWalstrom? If so, credit to Terry for that provocative list of questions.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Why so many construction projects? Did the first Christians ever build anything of their own? Did they even own buildings? Were the Apostles living in houses paid by the congregations around? Did they even work? Considering that the Warwick construction project is a fraction in worth of what they had in New York, why ask volunteers to build it? Why did they even move in the first place? I don't see any logic to this!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Could you show an example of shunning in the bible? For instance, Jesus' brothers and sister's didn't follow him at first, was he shunning them?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Just cut to the chase re the ARC.

Jesus said in Matthew 19: 13, 14, 15.

13 Then the little children were brought to Jesus for Him to place His hands on them and pray for them; and the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them! For the kingdom of heaven” belongs to such as these. 15 And after He had placed His hands on them, He went on from there.…

Explain why 1006 sexual abuse claims and over 1800 victims were covered up by the Australian Branch of the WTBTS and not a single case was reported to the authorities!

In what manner or shape, did Jesus and or Jehovah bless this?

If the Society and it's Christian congregations prevent and stumble the children from coming to Jesus......... how are they worthy of Jehovah's blessing to be on them?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ask if god is directing their organization how is it that they still have their blood doctrine since science has proven that in every drop of human breast milk theres roughly 1 million white blood cells? Either breast milk is an abomination or their organization is wrong and not directed by god?

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Thank you guys for all those insights. Yes, you are right Jo-Ho, the credit should go to the Author, so thanks to him/her.

OneEyedJoe. Well no it was not exactly what i meant with that one girl. Nonetheless, it could very well be that the scenario you describe would unfold in the future. However, i myself find that unlikely given the situation we are in - but i will bide my time and finish my education, which is of paramount importance to me, and then take it from there.

I do not believe you should feel silly. I appreciate the advice, and would appreciate it anytime it would present itself. Thank you.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Question: Why are you guys so full of yourselves, especially as you climb in the hierarchy?

• steve2
    steve2

So bring us right up to date: How many "Bible Studies" have you already had with the elder? What topics have you raised with him and how did the resulting discussion go?

i get the impression a lot of topics have been raised but have gone...no where?

But in the absence of knowing how things have gone, it is not helpful stacking up the topics you could raise. BTW, in writing posts like this,it's not always helpful to say that most people know what you've listed before. Tell us briefly - very few posters will go back through your earlier posts to refresh their memory. You need t tell us. Thanks.

• notalone
    notalone

I personally like to point out that at no place is Adam or Eve spoken of as having been perfect (heb- tamim) but at Gen 6:9 this word is used to reference Noah. Noah died, yet God declared him righteous or perfect (tamim) . At Hebrews 5:9 it states that Jesus became perfect ( teleiosai) not that he was born perfect.So according to the Bible Adam did not have a perfect (tamim) life So how is it that Christ offering his perfect life could bring back mankind while Noah's perfect life did not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit