Disunity among Apostates.

by refiners fire 34 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

You know, In the year and a half Ive been here I have certainly noticed that personal conflict flourishes among the Apostate/ ex Dub major players (and not so major players.) Consider the irrepairable conflict between our Simon and Herr Steinhaug and his band of Norwegian major players. Consider the relatively recent Bill Bowen war on this board. That guy was a shooting star if Ive ever seen one and he got shot down by Penton, RayF, etc.Other major players. Moving down a rung from the Apostate stratosphere,Consider such posters as the great maniac poster Farkmeister and his memesis Prisca.Disunity abounds as individual tastes are experimented with and expressed.And there are some big egos out there too. No doubt about that.

I read a post the other day by one of the ladies on this board calling for unity at any cost, unity, so that we can "fight the WT".

I feel that the rigid and enforced unity we were all subjected to in the dubs has somehow reacted within the psyches of ex dubs,generating non compliant tendancies. Not only that, but a veritable horror of compliance. I think ex dubs have a personal issue with authority and unity of thought. I think the fratching and falling out in the Apostate dub community will continue as individual issues are worked thru. I think everyone here has had enough unity of opinion to last a lifetime.It was pumped into them by the church, theyve had enough, are mad as hell and are not going to take any more. I think the chances of any kind of consistent unity in the Apostate community are very remote.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

well, I suppose I would consider jumping on a bandwagon of unification to fight the greater cause, but the problem is that we don't all agree. Anyone who unifies with those they inherently oppose simply to bring down the 'bigger meanie' is just rationalizing their priorities.

Just because we all agree there's a problem with the Watchtower isn't enough for me to 'join forces' with those that I think are as bad or worse.

in a nutshell Rev ---------- LambsRoar.org

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just as there are good and bad people in the "organisation" there are good and bad people out of it. Afterall, they do disfellowship at least some peodophiles but would we wish their company? I think not. We are a collection of people who left for different reasons, and simply being "ex-jw" isn't sufficient to unite us, and as in the above example, we wouldn't want it to be. Indeed, Simon's motto is "all are welcome" and while that is the case, we will continue to see people who wish the downfall of the org, and others who don't, plus a million other difficult arguments as there are so many imotive subjects to talk about, and yes I agree with you, with all the might of their new-found freedom.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yeah Malk. Tell you something else, Ive wondered about this propensity to cause pain that Ive noticed on this board. Ive seen some rotten nasty stuff and actually Ive done some deeply rotten nasty stuff to persons percieved as 'enemy status'. I wonder if there isnt a tendancy among X dubs to inflict pain onto others, and that this pain infliction is a purgative, a means of expelling their own psychic pain. Like children who are enraged, "they ( the borg) hurt me now Im gonna hurt you". In other words its all part of the Individual healing process, lashing out, fighting, being unspeakably cruel. etc. The degree of cruelty expressed is merely a reflection of the depth of hurt and pain caused by the borg experience.

sigh.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Why exactly do we have to be united? If we were united, we would essentially be agreeing with the WTS when they claim that even after we leave, the WTS is still the main force in our lives.

Some ex-dubs have devoted themselves to exposing the child molestation scandal. Presumably, they'll try to work together with Bill Bowen. Others are concerned with publishing Bible commentary, without the sponsorship of the existing Christian denominations; in that case, they might find that Ray Franz and Commentary Press can help them. Others join evangelical groups. Others may not be really concerned with religious activity anymore.

So why on earth do we need to be united?

P.S. We were posting at the same timer, refiners... agree with you 100% about the pain/purging thing.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

About the only unity we share is our common distress as former jdubs. Having shared a common trauma almost like soldiers in a war, we come here for the theraputic salving of our collective 'post traumatic syndrome'.

So the very idea that 'we should' or could be unified in any effort is only another of the 'brotherhood' mentality we ALL used to carry close to our hearts.

To hell with that........no more guilt, no more I gotta do more, and anyone who infers such, can take his/her banner and wave it somewhere else.

Now what was it you wanted me to do bro. Refiner?

Danny

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Oh, and another question... what is this you are referring to about Franz and Penton knocking down Bowen? Please pardon my newbie ignorance.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    The degree of cruelty expressed is merely a reflection of the depth of hurt and pain caused by the borg experience.

I believe there's truth in that statement. Which is why I won't take cruel jabs to heart. A person who will "flay" a fellow XJWer must be a very miserable person indeed.

Also, there is no need to "report" our time (spent in anti-watchtowerial pursuits) here on the board, is there?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I dont pretend to believe in such a thing as unity among any group of humans....however in a mutual goal approach COOPERATION seems like it might work better than not....

Ravyn

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Euphemisim,

Surely your being euphemistic?

db

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit