In 2000 Years Will People Believe Homer Simpson was Real?

by ISP 13 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

DOH!! Imagine, the earth a desolate place and someone visits from far away, and all they could find is a recording of Homer Simpson and his catch phrase "Doh". lol!! It could start a new language on another planet.

• blackout
    blackout

only Americans!

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

What do you mean - my kids think I am Marge and Dad is Homer.

People even think our son looks like Bart, and our daughter is Lisa - the brainy one.

So of course he is real DOH.

The only thing is our surname is different!!!!!!!!

What a family.....aaarrrggghh

Mrs Nightwarrior

ps. I remember being told by JWs that the Simpsons should not be watched - now that is going back some 10 years. mmmmm Every story had a moral - some that JWs should maybe take on board......

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Does anybody remember the Buck Rogers tv series from the...oh, late 70's early 80's?? The thing that I have always remembered about that show, was that the one Dr. was always telling Buck what his theories were about what the artifacts he found from Buck's original time were used for...and he was always wayyyyyy wrong. Buck eventually started telling him he was right because it was too much trouble to explain.

That's always colored my perspective on archaeology. The idea that we can somehow, with our culture and mindset that is so totally different, figure out what people used things for and what it meant to them...seems kind of a stretch.

ummm..."It had religious significance." Yeah. That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit