Stereotypical ELDERS

by tazmaniac 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Brother soon-to-be-elder because daddy is a rich elder in the hall --- This young brother was made an MS while still a teenager because daddy was an elder and had the bucks. Later on, this MS rapidly climbed the corporate ladder even though he used to do all the other bad things that the rest of his peer group did. He eventually makes Elder status and is now the PO of a congregation in Ramona, CA at the ripe old age of 32.

Brother Used-to-be-Walking Aid Book/Insight Book, now Brother Struggling --- This brother was the absolute cream of the crop in fine spiritual qualities bar none. Any topic of discussion could be answered by this brother through memory of the publications. He was clean cut to the extreme. Clothes were immaculate and perfect for the ministry. This brother was an MS for years. Could have been excellent elder material. Now is just an ordinary publisher serving under Brother soon-to-be-elder in the same congregation who happens to be almost 10-15 years his younger.

• SadElder
    SadElder

For my first post I offer

Brother Brown(nose): Comes the visit of the Circuit Overseer, there he is. The first one at the meeting, even though normally he arrives just after the opening song. Oh my notice how he swoons over Br. CO and his wife. And watch out if it happens to be one of those "work with" weeks when the District Overseer works along with the CO. There will be a brown spot on the carpet so long that the poor MS assigned to cleaning that week will never recover.

Greetings

Jeremy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome to you too, Jeremy.

He was (is?) short, squat, balding with a huge belly.All of his clothes were doubleknit from the 70's (the fashion d'jour there) and he had a penchant for wide ties and thick plastic glasses. So alluring.

Sister Salamander, I'm sensing resentment from you. Are you still angry that this man got the family cookware?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Brother Softie -- when you're DF'd, he'll take you aside and tell you -- in strictest confidence -- that Jehovah will probably forgive you quicker than the elders do.

This actually happened to my husband.

GentlyFeral

• greven
    greven

Welcome Sealing Salamander and Sad elder!!

Enjoy your time here!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit