Something that doesn't get discussed all that much...

by Vidiot 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

I believe that they would be taxed at a 30% rate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I thought I'd resurrect this (pardon the pun).

Any new thoughts on the subject?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that despite the Org's huge property sell off, they are experiencing a Cash Flow problem, true, their strategy of fire-selling what they can now will push the real big problems in to the future, but to lose Tax Exemption would be a HUGE blow.

I do not believe that the R&F could be squeezed much more than they are, and so will not be able to up their Donations sufficiently to cover the loss.

The problem is that the Governments of the U.S.A. and the U.K. at least do not seem to have the appetite to rescind the Org's status, even though here in the U.K it is on the shakiest of ground.

• Della Street
    Della Street

I think they could claim tax exempt status if they did ANY bit of real no-strings-attached charity. How about take all those mad meal prep skills they had for conventions and use those to run soup kitchens, or natural disaster relief for everyone in a given area....any little bit of generosity would be a move forward.

But the greedy little bastards use the line "what is the best thing you can give a hungry person? Spiritual food."

I've been hungry many times, and eating a Watchtower was never as satisfying as a hamburger. Although, I hear it is good to wipe your ass with when you forget to buy TP.

DS.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Phizzy...

Don't kid yourself.

The IRS revokes the tax-exemption of approximately 100 different "charities" per year - including churches - for legitimate violations...

...and the rules get appropriately reviewed and refined from time to time.

Not to mention that the WT has no "friends in high places" who'd go to bat for them if they came under fire, and I don't think anyone would feel sorry for them...

...and IMO, the public is primed for the Legal System to "make an example" out of someone, especially in the #metoo era.

The way I see it., the WTS is a prime candidate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit