Talked to a JW in the park

by Xanthippe 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I tried to to use the things you guys have suggested here, not directly talking about doctrine but using my family's experience. Appealing to emotions seems to work better people say and it did stop her running to the hills immediately screaming apostate.

It did get to me when she talked about her daughter giving up her career for her faith, another young life down the drain. I hope something I said made an impression on her.

I haven't been brave enough to talk to the cart people yet like some of you, I did too much talking about religion on the street in my twenties but seeing as she walked up to me I thought I'd have a go.

Freddo, thank you.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Nicely done.

I tend to not bother taking to them now, they don't want to discuss the bible. You can tell they're not listening.

Also, last time I tried one of them said "is your name <pale.emperor>?" so obviously someone's forewarned them about me,

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Good job. Inmyopinion, the failure of of the JW religion is not in the fact that the doctrines are wrong ( they share this fault with most if not all religions) but that their members are coerced into life choices that are self-destructive. No college, no children, no careers, etc.

• JRK
    JRK

Ask them to describe the overlapping generations doctrine. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ummmmmmmmmmm.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

XANTHIPPE- That was done to perfection ! Excellent job my friend ! You really appealed to this person's emotion by dwelling on family and I'm quite sure you caused this JW a whole lot of cognizant dissonance ! And that's a good thing. You could tell by the way this person was becoming squeamish and uncomfortable towards the end of your conversation. She was understanding the points you were making and actually using her mind to think for once in her life ,another really good thing.

And this happened due to your great strategy ! Keep up the great work of helping people to think - no matter who they are. Take care, keep on keeping on, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks for all your thoughts and encouragement guys. Maybe I'll have the courage to approach the cart people in my own town now. They look so bored, checking their texts and drinking takeaway coffee, they might appreciate a chat. 😜

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit