Elders are no longer teachers

by eyeslice 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

I firmly believe we are headed for hard times down the road. Nothing to do with what the JWs teach but from my own observation.

climate chaos, economic chaos, food shortages, pestilence (more people getting ill and dying) people losing their homes who can’t pay rent and mortgage etc

I think the answer is to not have too much to lose if the banking system collapses, this great reset or however it will play out

i think following Bible principles and following Jesus advice is very beneficial but not what the GBody say

the GBody want you to be fully vaccinated I obey God rather than men

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INDOUBTBIGTIME:

So, you think the “answer is to not have too much to lose if the banking system collapses..”? Or whatever else JWs tell themselves to further justify why they don’t want to work like responsible people.

Nah, it’s much more enjoyable to go tripping along knocking on doors and going on coffee breaks.🙄 Right? The problem with this mentality is that you would be needy NOW, way before any collapse or chaos even happens.. You have NO business believing that responsible people who worked and got criticized should be giving you anything or sharing their ‘surplus’.

I could not imagine being around JWs if and when things got super bad! They would have an almost cannibalistic attitude towards anybody they thought had anything. As it is, they can’t wait to get their hands on ‘worldly’ people’s possessions and live in their houses!

• fedup
    fedup

Being a JW and going to meetings is great... if you want someone else to do your thinking.

I was an elder for many years and everything came canned from the Org, the elders just had to serve it, no added thoughts or opinions.

I stopped a long time ago, was just fed-up of all the BS

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Being a JW and thinking for yourself is also great.

Being comfortable not knowing and growing with the flow. It may turn out the GBody teaching is near the truth but I doubt it.

But I love studying the Bible and spending time with those who do.

we always feel very upbuilt and encouragement when we come home from the meetings so don’t want to lose that

my suggestion is stay in the org for the good things and keep open minded

yes I kind of have to go along with some things I don’t agree with or at least not sure about. When someone says about the big A coming I nod along but I don’t really believe it, but I’m sitting on the fence if the great tribulation starts I will jump that side of the fence

even their own teaching days someone could come into the truth last. In and be ok

• blondie
    blondie

Elders don't teach, they just regurgitate what the WTS tells them. I remember talking to 2 elders and convinced them that what they were saying did not jive with what their bible says, and they agreed, but they had to following the GB. Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit