Elders are no longer teachers

by eyeslice 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I remember back in the 80s, elders going up to podium telling everyone that they hade fulfilled God's requirements, that's why they we're elders. And now it was time for rest congregation too also fulfil requirements šŸ˜ Think it was base on teaching GB told them that holy spirit hade appointed them. Of course that change. Now it's co that appoints people and neither GB or org are guided by Holy spirit šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• dothemath
    dothemath

They emphasize proper pronunciation far more than actually learning anything.

• Indoubtbigtime
  • Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime
    • The training and experience of being an appointed man is good for you.

I now think the best corse of action for me is to stay PIMO. Iā€™m sitting on the fence if the Bible is just another book written by men or if it is Gods word. Either way itā€™s excellent to study and apply some of the better principles in there

the Jdub rank and file really are very good associations and I love all the gatherings and I even love the meetings for the good association.

Its better than going to the pub and cheaper

I also find it very interesting watching the collapse of old ideas and see what will happen to the 1914 and the gentile times have ended situation.

Myself Iā€™m sure the universe was designed rather than chance evolution but I donā€™t think the JW GB have it right in fact I think they are wrong about many things

where does that leave me? Yes living a lie, pretending I believe the GB when I talk to other JWs

I wonder how many others there are like me who are just too afraid to be truthful.

• Elmer
    Elmer

Fear leads to the dark side young Indy

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Elmer yes fear is a negative energy I donā€™t live in fear at all.

This is the advantage of being Pimo and getting to the acceptance stage of the 5 stages of awakening.

When some indoctrinated starts having doubts they have to go through all 5 stages.

I remember the anger stage was particularly hard.

Now I have accepted the GB are imperfect men who maybe are trying to do their best but are wrong about many things.

I still believe in intelligent design rather than evolution and maybe the intelligent designer of the universe inspired the Bible or maybe there is more to it.

Either way I like living by Bible principles and I think there are some really great people in the Borg.

but I donā€™t think the big A is coming I fully see myself growing old ā€˜in this systemā€™šŸ¤£

but I wonā€™t have all the mixed feelings of ā€œI thought the end would have been here by nowā€ that many Jdubs will go through over the next few decades

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Elders seem to be the "Police Force" of the Org.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INDOUBTBIGTIME:

When I read your posts it just makes me wonder how many Witnesses left are true believers? I would guess not many.

We can never know how many fall into your category of not really believing it all (picking and choosing) and going because they like the association and itā€™s ā€˜cheaper than the pubā€™. Whatever.

One thing you said I agree with is that you expect to see yourself grow old in this system. Just make very sure you prepare yourself for this financially! Donā€™t be like other daydreamers there. I always wondered if some there are so medicated they donā€™t realize the clock on the wall is ticking.

Some hope Armageddon will come in time to save them, so they gamble they donā€™t need to plan!.. Not wise.

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Longhairgal good points

I think Jesus advice is good to keep your eye simple and be content with basics.

Already we are seeing the inflation bite in congregations around here. They cost of living crisis means many canā€™t pay their bills and itā€™s only getting worse.

the congregation helps each other, those with surplus help those in need

work what is good towards all but especially those related in the faith

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INDOUBTBIGTIME:

How touching..I suppose that might sound nice but, unfortunately, the JW religionā€™s policies against careers, etc. promotes the neediness in the first place.

They knocked me for my full time job and tried to get me to quit and pioneer and take up housecleaning. I refused so they made sure I wasnā€™t invited anywhere. This is hardly Christian.. But, thatā€™s okay because I wouldnā€™t have retired if I listened to them! Iā€™d be up the famous creek without a paddle. They wouldnā€™t be supporting ME.

Thereā€™s no nice way to say this, but Iā€™m glad I walked away from the religion years ago.. Iā€™m certainly glad Iā€™m not there as a target for elders to come up to me with an envelope!! Thatā€™s not MY problem people were misled into believing they should live on the edge going out in the ā€˜ministryā€™ and not working and planning for their future like normal people do.. Let their ā€˜spiritualā€™ friends help them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit