JW Double Standards and Hypocrisy in the Congregation!!!

by Christian Gutierrez 27 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    You have hit on a basic point of jws, they serve people not god

Blondi, that would be nice, serving the people that are needy, serving soup, but they do not serve such people at all, they serve the wt. .org.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup...seen it often!

In our last cong, (the one we faded from), the secretary was the typical alpha-male bully.

His word was gospel! He would be so quick to find fault with everyone else and make sure congregation action (by elders) was taken. (over some of the smallest things ever!)

BUT when his own daughter lost her licence for drink-driving, he made sure it was hushed up around the cong! NO-one who knew of it was to speak of it ever again!

Hypocrite!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In a social environment where people are being scrutinized constantly to their behavior, its not wonder there is visible hypocrisy to be seen and not surprisingly orchestrated by elders of congregations.

Seen it many times myself.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

My sister worked in an office where the dress code had to be changed because one worker was wearing very risque clothing. Turned out to be the daughter of an elder in my congregation, who recently moved back in with Mom and Dad with her two children, after an ill-advised marriage. In the past she has been given counsel for wearing incredibly high heels on the platform.

• blondie
    blondie
    You have hit on a basic point of jws, they serve people not god

Blondi, that would be nice, serving the people that are needy, serving soup, but they do not serve such people at all, they serve the wt. .org.

waton, thanks for trying to correct my comment, I guess I was not clear that "people" means jws with the WT given authority to df a jw...elders for example. Many jws are more concerned what people at the KH find out about any "wrong" another jw is doing and run to the elders, never clarifying what happened.

Ultimately, that is the WTS not god. The WTS places itself between jws and Jesus and then god as the authority on earth.

jws who do this are no different than the Israelites who worshipped a false god in the middle of the temple, saying that "god has left the land and he is not seeing." God is not real to them, but people in the WTS with the "authority" to get them df'd are.

• longgone
    longgone

I've often wondered if the hours counted on the monthly field service report were to include helping others in the congregation how the numbers would go way up! But no, the WTS only wants the publishers to recruit more members and so they drive right past the homes of others in the congregation who really could use some help or a kind word.

It's a sad situation. Too bad "new light" never includes compassion​. 😞

• Princess Ashe
    Princess Ashe

Growing up I never understood why beards were not allowed but most of the people depicted from the Bible in the publications had beards.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Good point Ashe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit