JW Double Standards and Hypocrisy in the Congregation!!!

by Christian Gutierrez 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Hi Flipper nice to meet you! We have heard many stories of people being stalked by elders until it's discovered they are doing something against watchtower rules. And then there are stories of people who stopped going to the meetings and elders do nothing to check how they are doing. Yup it's crazy and definitely unloving!

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Hello Blondie nice to meet you! I might liken what the elders do to that of a task chart..... just get it done. Maybe many start out doing it from the heart but after a while I am sure it just becomes so draining to them that they don't care anymore. Oh well. Many will leave for those reasons.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I just posted the paragraph below about two weeks ago, but it fits under your topic quite well:

A brother who was a close friend of my family lost his elder position because his youngest teenage son was making babies along the entire eastern seaboard (just about). So instead of Brother Elder being "humble", what does a member of good standing in the Boys Club do, just get transferred to another congregation to retain his eldership !! How easy was that, I wonder if he and the other elders that went along with this little scheme ever thought about what Jehoober might be thinking about their crazy scheme?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

You are absolutely correct about that Christian. Being accepted as an elder is so wonderful and you feel like a superhero, wanting to help everyone in the congregation. But in time you realize that the friends are almost all screwed up in one way or another and it drains the life from you. "He's a chronic masterbator." "She had oral sex with her step-brother" "That sister is crazy so make sure you call on her or else she gets mad." Its insane how screwed up many of the friends are.

On topic: our boe made fun of many in the congregation behind closed doors. It really bothered me. The "chronic masterbator" for instance. They would say he cannot as the scripture says, "Get the mastery over it." LULZ all around. Bunch of hypocritical bastards.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Different people help, but his demeanor and attitude towards her is awful. I told hubby that I would file a complaint of elderly abuse with the State if something is not done soon to get him to either hire help for her or put it in a home where she would get the 24-7 care she so desperately needs.

DY

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

To all too many JWs, a drinking problem means "two hands and only one mouth"!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yup...it's the JW way. Do as I say, not as I do.

We had an Elder that was cheating on his wife, all the while he was on our friends JC (they were having marital problems). The Elder was a total Ass to both of them and cruel. Shortly after DF'ing them, he was DF'ed. So much for Jah's holy spirit, eh?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I know of two separate stories of elders taking part in JCs while committing adultery themselves for yeeeeeears, one of them with a step-niece (step-child of his older brother). Sick!

Self-named God's Org is no better than any other unscrupulous man-made religion.😕

DY

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Pale emperor

of 9 elders in Kirkby, 2 have charming or charmed lives having been serving for aeons. Both are circuit Overseers favourites.....

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Yup apparently jehovahs holy spirit. Just gotta blindly obey hey? Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit