2019 Convention - Televangelist music

by John_Carter_1912 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

Any thoughts?

Didn't Jehovah's Witnesses use to despise this type of evangelical music?

https://rutube.ru/video/049589e2a0151a1c1c5d1707214df7c6/?pl_type=user&pl_id=689813

• blondie
    blondie

First, the WTS has had strict rules regarding the so-called kingdom songs.

1. Use only what is provided, no re-arranging by the publishers; only WTS can do that for KH and convention/assembly purposes, or even at jw weddings and funerals (unless you do and don't get caught)

2. Personal arrangements are not to be used/promoted online especially for profit (copyright held by WTS)

3. jws should not be spending time learning how to read music and play musical instruments

4. Ordinary jws should not be spending time "improving" kingdom songs but out in field service/bible teaching.

As the WTS has a different type of jw writing the study articles, the WTS has either brought in musically trained jws or has contracted this out to a non-jw outfit. In the past the WTS has released recordings with music arranged to be played for orchestral units, for purchase (prior to 1990). Usually these were/are played at the conventions/assemblies.

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

Thanks Blondie... I know you've been in this fight for a long time.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Nice bit of propaganda.

The lyrics, if honest, should be:

• Love, conditional love ...

Which—of course—isn’t really love.

• blondie
    blondie

John Carter, I am a trained musician, piano, organ, guitar, recorder, clarinet. I can also transpose music into other keys (many don't know that different instruments do not have music in the same key). I also played kingdom songs at meetings and assemblies/conventions from the age of ten over 50 years ago. So I guess I have a different eye on things and the rules.

Singing is good, but actions are the only thing that prove what kind of person one is.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

that really reminds me THIS song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzoLax1WToU

Now, in this cult, no reasoning, ne reflexion, bur only EMOTION

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Holy shit this is a bad song and a worse video clip.

The song screams 'wannabe mainstream happy-clappy revival youth'.

The video screams 'CULT!'

Ugh.

At least when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings about Jesus, I got goosebumps. Their emotion almost becomes my emotion.

But this thing is absolutely devoid of genuine emotion. The guy sounds like a pimo who couldn't avoid recording this song and got overproduced too. "Take 262344, make it sound like you mean it bro. BoringVoice!"

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Can’t even stomach the whole video. Seems to me that the music the cult is producing these days is as much garbage as their literature.

What ever happened to those old catchy Kingdumb songs of old? Many of them were good.

• stumbledbyothers
    stumbledbyothers

FYI-

This past week or so Circuit Assembly in Cleveland area, the CO scolded the audience for not sitting down once the music start playing. Before his part, he asked the audience for "program silence" ! Everyone was quiet or half a minute- he then said - this is what the Governing Body wants - us to be in our seats with program silence when the music plays- since the opening music is part of the program.

I'm sure with this upcoming Regional Conventions more of this "slapping of the wrist" by the Governing Body will take place to get the "friends" in their seats for the music accompaniment of evangelical music.

• Powermetal4ever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit