Which Watchtower publications did you keep?

by Schnufti 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

Hello there,

I'm currently cleaning up our bookcase and need to decide what goes into the trash. I'll keep the Watchtower books that are not available online anymore (e.g. the brown "Reasoning" book). It could be useful for future arguments with my family ("They never said that!").

Did you keep any Watchtower publications, and if so, which one?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm just keeping the older WT CD Libraries. That's more than enough to hold onto.

J.W.'s will readily dismiss older publications as "old light," so storing loads of the org's "decomposed spiritual food" seems like a waste of space and time.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

none whatsoever. i wont even have any bible in the house.

when i cleaned out my fathers house--all his 60 years of watchtower rubbish went to the tip.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Hard copies of the "Proclaimers" book and just for the heckuvit my old original "paradise" book.

Otherwise the CD libraries are plenty. Even direct printouts from those though are now dismissed by JDubs as unverifiable "apostate" propaganda in my area.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Nothing at all, eventually burned my briefcase which had been sitting in an old car for 3 years with meeting stuff in it and everything else i could lay my hands on of mine that was watchtard related.

• Etude
    Etude

Hmm...This made me think about the extent of copyrights by the WTBTS. Can one, for example, copy a book, since it was "given" or "donated"? Can we digitize a book as a part of reference work? My guess is: probably not, since copyright tends to be specific. Are there many books from the WTBTS that are now out of copyright?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We kept one of the old green cross-reference Bibles and I think we might have an Aid book somewhere.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Nothing.

Of course it's been so long since I was in that my publications would have become apostate material now that the information in them is so outdated.

For example, one book said that God has to bring Armageddon before the year 2000 otherwise the human race won't survive.

Another says that the dwindling number of Memorial partakers is a clear time indicator of how deep we are in the Last Days.

And one of them has this crazy claim that the anointed make up a composite "prophet," the " Ezekiel class, " and that God spirit-guides this modern-day prophet to foretell future events before they happen so accurately that with the last thought of the dying wicked (having been slaughtered at Armageddon--which again has to come before the 20th century ends) will acknowledge about Jehovah's Witnesses what is written at Ezekiel 33:33: "Then they will know that a prophet has been among them."

Apparently the Watchtower Bible & Tracy Society writes, publishes, and distributes its own apostate material. Just hold on to for a while, and like milk you've kept way too long, it too will go bad.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I kept all of them and recently acquired a new old publication I have quite a lot of books.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

If you got books from the 1960s and before keep them! I sold all my old (1950s) books to a brother for $5 bucks. I wish I had not.

I kept the Aid to Bible Understanding; the Concordance; the Large print bible and a couple of others including the red 'pocket' version.

I also have a 1950s book - title forgotten, which is a Jewel. It has a massive contradiction within the book itself where in one page it says that Charles Russell never had a biography made of him but, a few pages later, has an image of his biography book!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit