Sexual Abuse & Jehovah's Witnesses - One Man's Story - Special Podcast Coming Soon

by dubstepped 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Looking forward to it.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks. David really goes deep in his story and it is quite the story. The sexual abuse and typical JW response to it was a big part of his awakening, but his story is so involved and there's so much to it. It's kind of one of those stories that touches on so much that pretty much anyone can identify somewhere in it. I don't normally announce things in advance, but I'm hoping that others that have gone through such abuse might find some comfort in knowing that they aren't alone in their feelings by hearing someone speak directly as to their experience.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

dubstepped sounds great since I was one of those male victims with the same first name. But I have a question. How do you get on your podcast? Is there any Q&A afterward ? Sorry if this information was given before I just don't remember. Thanks for the heads up on this. Still Totally ADD

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    @ Still Totally ADD -
    How do you get on your podcast?

You asked how to get on my podcast. I'm assuming you mean how to listen, but you could literally mean to be a guest, so I'll answer both. Sorry, my brain can sometimes take things different ways and I'm not sure which to go with, lol. I'm a bit on the ADD side myself.

To listen you need some sort of podcast app. It could be iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Google Play, or any of a number of apps like Podcast Republic or Podbean or others that pick up podcast feeds. Then you just search on that app for shunned and it should come up. Click subscribe to get new episodes as they come out, and you can also see all of the previous episodes and download them too.

If on the go technology isn't your thing you can go to shunnedpodcast.com and listen to each episode there from your computer on the episodes page.

If you want to actually be a guest you can go to my website and fill out the form.

Is there any Q&A afterward ?

No, it isn't a live thing, it is pre-recorded. In all previous episodes I conduct an interview, strip out my audio, and then edit the person's story to make it cohesive so that the entire episode is just them telling their story. I don't want it to be about me, this is about them. However, this particular episode was better with both sides as more of a conversation so that's how I'm releasing this one. It will be both myself and David talking about these things.

After listening people can go to shunnedpodcast.com and leave comments on each episode that are read by the people that told their stories. They can respond and there can be a back and forth there if people want.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions. I don't normally advertise a show until it is ready to go but I felt like David got super vulnerable and really got into some things that others would benefit from hearing. Other than telling my own story on my podcast called This JW Life this is the longest story that I've put out there yet. David has a lot to say and his life had so many twists and turns. I think everyone can find something in it to identify with.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks again Dubstepped!

Love your work, and really appreciate the effort that goes into each episode. I am sure it takes many many hours to produce, but please be assured that we appreciate this effort!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks SIAR2! This will be a long one (well, three) but worth every minute.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I wonder if anyone here knows of a JW family member being disfellowshipped for reporting sexual abuse to police?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thanks dubstepped for the information. That's me in a nut shell. Totally ADD. I think one way but it comes out of my mouth differently or here out of my typing. Lol. I have just learn to laugh at myself. I am better in the morning through early afternoon by mid afternoon my Ritalin has worn off. Good luck on your podcast hope to be listening to it on my computer. The only phone I have is a old wooden oak box with a crank hanging on my wall. Lol. Just kidding. It is really a old cordless phone. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@Vanderhoven - I don't see how you could be disfellowshipped for that. I've heard of elders being removed for going against direction for reporting when told not to.

If you want to know you should start a thread about it. Asking on a thread about the podcast probably isn't your best chance at an answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit