All-time Worst Movie Sequels

by teejay 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• teejay
    teejay

E-online recently compiled a list of the all-time worst movie sequels . No question about it ... there have been some stinkers. If you had to choose, what would be YOUR choice of all-time worst? Here's E-online's list. And FWIW, I think their choice of #1 was accurate.

10. The Color of Money (1986)
    9. Rocky V (1990)
    8. Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)
    7. Look Who's Talking Too (1990)
    6. Jaws: The Revenge (1986)
    5. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)
    4. Caddyshack II (1988)
    3. Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)
    2. Batman & Robin (1997)
    1. Star Wars: Episode 1--The Phantom Menace (1999)

The Phantom Menace worse than Caddyshack II? Worse, even, than the painfully forgettable Speed 2? Yep. I would have voted for it. How about you?

Note to Lucas: Hey, Georgie, we no likey Jar Jar--he stoopid. Plee-plee doan bring'm back no mo'.
  • Prisca
    Prisca

Grease 2

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

It's not even out yet, but Legally Blonde 2 looks like it could be even worse than the first one. And the first one was pretty bad.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Any Pink Panther film which doesn't have Peter Sellars in it!

Also Mummy Returns was pretty awful.

• smack
    smack

Fast and the Furious, but that won't stop me renting 2 Fast.

I love crappy moofies

Steve

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, that's a pretty accurate list, I'd say. It's amazing how the Phantom Menace has become sort of a target when it comes to bashing sequels. Must be Jar-Jar, seems everyone hates him.

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol @ Grease 2! THAT was the worst fer sure

Jurrasic Park 2, was appalling.

Brummie

• DIM
    DIM

I remember as a kid being apallled at how bad the Neverending Story II was.

my vote is for Grease 2 and Eddie and the Cruisers 2 - Eddie Lives.

• teejay
    teejay
    It's amazing how the Phantom Menace has become sort of a target when it comes to bashing sequels.

Not amazing to me. Not at all.

I hated Phantom the first time I saw it. For me it was a complete waste of time and think that Lucas -- for all the time and money he spent putting it together -- is ashamed of himself. It exposed him as an inferior director, IMO.

• Realist
    Realist
    The Phantom Menace worse than Caddyshack II? Worse, even, than the painfully forgettable Speed 2? Yep. I would have voted for it. How about you?

absolutely! that movie stunk beyond anything i have ever encountered! the biggest disappointment of my life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit