What would happen in the resurrection

by Anony Mous 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Trying to rationalise and make sense of WT / GB teachings is mind-numbing....

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

"Why don't we just make up stuff as we go along?"

If you've ever wondered why it's impossible to reason with them,

My headaches are so much better since I left!

:0)

• sir82
    sir82

He even figured Jehovah would create another planet earth to aid in the population explosion.

Isn't there a belief of some nutters, cousins of the flat-earthers maybe, who believe there is a a 2nd planet earth exactly 180 degrees from our position at all times? And we can't see it because it is always "behind" the sun from our perspective?

Just checked in wikipedia - yep, there are nutters who believe it.

Well there you go - half the 100 billion will end up on "Gor".

• Chook
    Chook

I just want to know if I still qualify for a resurrection.

• zeb
    zeb

much more recently in time scale what would early jw believe and say compared to recent ones. Neither would believe the whacko things the other believes like early Russel stuff vs new light and the generation thing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've also heard the informal doctrine among dubs that try to rationalize the resurrection of colonizing space however I don't think that's ever been written in WT literature

Actually, I think there was a blurb in a publication back in the 70s or maybe as late as the 80s that said something like "there are millions of other planets and we know Jah has a purpose for everything" yada yada yada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit