What would happen in the resurrection

by Anony Mous 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

We all know the JW doctrine of life and resurrection on earth after Armageddon. This video inadvertently explores the flaws in the doctrine.

https://youtu.be/l-S34gZ3xwg

• dozy
    dozy

Great video. That also doesn't include the latest Society teaching that perhaps even miscarriages / aborted babies will be resurrected. The more you look at the JW resurrection doctrine - the less it makes sense ( including the concept that evildoers , such as pirates , will be resurrected , whereas 99.9% of people living now, including babies ,will be slaughtered at Armageddon ).

The sheer logistical nonsense that all will have luxurious lakeside large detached homes with huge gardens.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

No problem in feeding 100 billion folks, Jehovah will provide manna..Love the video and yes it does show the nonsense....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We always knew that there would be miraculous space travel (Beam me up, Scotty!) to other planets that would be divinely prepared for the overflow of Earth's population.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I've also heard the informal doctrine among dubs that try to rationalize the resurrection of colonizing space however I don't think that's ever been written in WT literature, at least when the bible was written people weren't even aware of other planets let alone solar systems. Or maybe it was alluded to in WT writing at some point?

Either way I don't think hand farming will do when industrialized farming can't keep up. And we all know how the mana story went.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

One of the elders at my old hall rationalize the flood of people coming out of the resurrection with space travel. He even figured Jehovah would create another planet earth to aid in the population explosion. Silly.

• waton
    waton

bible: after the 1000 years, the the Earth will have 4 corners again , to accommodate the nations gathering there for the final battle. even without stretching it, that promise gives 25% more surface for the same diameter. but since there is so much hot air in the bible, while not blow the corners out ( the bible does not say they have to be 90 degrees) to accommodate the 100 billion easily,? 25 billion in each corner? or 16 billions on each side? also:

The bible says "there will be no more sea", so, then eliminate the Oceans, you more than triple the land area. (here goes your dream of the waterfront property, sorry, jws!) ha ha.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

quadruple it and maybe even more , my research led me to believe it could be over 500 billion

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Average JW: "Not a problem...with Jehovah, anything is possible. Besides that.... we will be perfect and will be able to devise ways to efficiently raise food and manage the earth resources, not to mention, there are other planets to populate once the earth is full."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

WT teaches that the body is the soul and it dies so how is it that the annointed appear to have seperate "souls" that become detached from their physical bodies at the time death and go to heaven while the great crowd's "soul" dies with the body awaiting a reassembling of their atoms and re animation at a future date? Does that mean the 144000 are "souls" housed within a body and the great crowd shmucks are soul less?

WT's resurrection doctrine is so full of shit in more ways than one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit