Has anyone ever met a JW Prophet? (slave class)

by badolputtytat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I met many of the GB since our PO had many bethel ties. We had Carey Barber give our memorial talk one year. Karl Klein was with us at least twice a year. Schroeder, Gangas, Henshel, Barry and many others visited. I met Jararcz a few times. Most of them had booming voices. Many years ago one of the GB was on a tour in Italy. He spoke to a few brothers and I and mentioned when he toured the vatican....we thought it strange that he actually visited a "babylonian temple" but he said it was no different than the apostle paul giving talks in religious buildings of both jews and greeks. But while visiting the vatican he asked the brothers and sisters with him to huddle in the corner as he was going to offer a prayer. Part way thru his prayer he says "God, please Damn this place soon". I was shocked first off that a member of the GB actually said the word damn. And secondly that he used this word during a prayer. I mentioned this to a few people after he told the story to us. They looked at me like I was an apostate. The said I must have misheard or something. Strange indeed.

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

I've met Dan Sydlick and was very impressed by him. I like to think I would recognise hypocrisy when I see it and I saw not a trace in him, He honestly lives by his belieifs, which is a good example whatever ones beleifs. I found him a genuine individual, the only person I have heard say "GOd bless you" and not wanted to laugh at.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I did, removed his name from the addresslist and forgot it , about 8 years ago when he visited my mother with the local elders.

I did not "like" him, found him pompous - I remember that I e-mailed an elder with whom we were "friends" that we got a visit from a "future king". (I was'nt babtised those days).
    and got as an answer that this man was so "friendly and meek" and I was thinking "slimy"

They told me he was from Bethel - during his visit he was not talking about being inspired or anything like that - just how wonderful my mother was living then (and that was the reason why that elder took him with him to visit my mother: not an ordinary sheep - one that might be worth to be shaven)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

huh? what makes you think just because they are "anointed" and living at bethel they do any of the writing? or have a real say about anything including what gets published

The days of someone actually doing anything that remotely resembles prophesying are long past. Most of what they churn out is a rehash of the past or a sanitized version of the past. Lawyers go over everything to protect them from lawsuits. The GB are mostly old yes men from days gone by. Now instead of being yes men to the likes of Russell, Rutherford and Franz they are yes men to the likes of Jaracz and a team of lawyers..

jmo and not based on facts just opinions

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

badolputtytat,

I am NOT ALLOWED to comfort my mother as she suffers the pain of her illness. I am NOT ALLOWED to be there when she passes... she may pass alone, in some dark room, having elders there feeding her this false hope and sense that when she leaves her daughter behind, that child will be cared for by these people. I am NOT ALLOWED to wipe the puke off her face and know that she is being taken care of. Help her out of bed when her bowels release. See that she is has clean bed-clothes and proper care.

Is your mother not being cared for? Wouldn't it be more to the point to try to get power of attorney?

GentlyFeral
    Just askin'

• talesin
    talesin

dear puddy,

just a thought ...

i am in a somewhat similar situation - my parents (who are both ill) will only accept my (direct) help if i rejoin the org. after a few years of beating my head against a brick wall, i realized that they chose these people as their family instead of me. it has been very painful for me to know that i cannot 'rescue' my family from this cult. especially my 2 nephews - i see so much heartache ahead for them.

it's very hard to watch the people you love be manipulated and torn from you. personally, i just had to finally say 'i have no control in this matter, all i can do is love them and hope they know it'.

sorry i have no 'advice' for you on what action to take. i just got to the point where i realized that wasting another life (MINE) in trying to change them was futile (RESISTANCE IS FUTILE). once again, can i emphasize that this was a personal choice for me, and i don't suggest it is what you shud do. follow your heart, puddy. you are obviously a very passionate, caring person, and i wud not presume to tell you what is right for you. maybe you will be successful.

on another note, i knew two of the 'anointed'. what a crock! they were no different than anyone else. they just held themselves aloof from the rest of us, kinda like anyone who thinks they are better (eg, artists who think no one else is better, volunteers who think they are more giving, anyone who thinks they are better than the rest of us.) they were also very secretive and selective about who they 'associated' with.

this doesn't mean they are awful people - maybe they really believe they are 'god's chosen' and feel an obligation to be separate from the rest of us. one of them seemed to be a v. good person, he was just in 'another zone'.

peace & love to you, puddy. i've been 'lurking' a lot, have read your posts, and if i were in trouble, you wud be one of my first choices for advocate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit