Katherine Hepburn

by myself 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Mulan - here's an article about Cynthia McFadden and how she met Katharine Hepburn:

She even named her son Spencer!

McFadden and Foreign Affairs magazine editor James Hoge welcomed their first child, a son, Spencer Graham McFadden Hoge, last July in Manhattan. The little fellow's first name is in honor of the late Spencer Tracy, longtime paramour of Katharine Hepburn, a close friend of McFadden's. She said she met Hepburn through a Bowdoin College roommate.

"Kate took me on when I was about 18 as a kind of a project, I think. I see her often," McFadden said.

"She is 92 and, I'm happy to say, very healthy. Until about three or four years ago, we played tennis on weekends," McFadden said. "It's a great gift to have her in my life."

She visited with Hepburn about two weeks ago, and Spencer crawled for the first time for her, McFadden said.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    She said she met Hepburn through a Bowdoin College roommate.

Yes, I saw that article too, but the one I read in the woman's magazine (might have been Good Housekeeping...........I read it in a doctor's office, so it wasn't a new magazine) had much more detail and she said she had known her since she was 7 years old, spent summers with her and she couldn't remember a time when she wasn't a major influence in her life.

I think one of these is the official story, and the other is the true one.

• talesin
    talesin

she's always been one of my favorites - philadelphia story & guess who's coming to dinner are two of my favorites.

does anyone remember the name of the flick she was in with rozanno (sp?) brazzi? she was a 30-something vacationing in italy, and fell in love with a married man (art imitating life). that was my absolute fav, but i can never remember the name of it.

kate - thks being a role model - an independent strong woman who never let fame go to her head (and how about those pyjamas?) may your energy always be with us!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Talesin,

That movie with Kate Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi was called "Summertime" and was released in 1955.

My other favorite movie with Ms. Hepburn was the comedy "Bringing up Baby". If anyone ever saw the 1973 comedy "What's Up Doc?" with Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand, it's basically the same movie with different players.

• talesin
    talesin

tks, gopher. that was a great flick

as for "what's up doc", la streisand at her best (at least, one of her best) not that i'm a streisand fan (ha, ha)

scene - bs on the escalator, wife behind her

wife ( of r o'neal): do you know the meaning of propriety?

bs: propriety: (proceeds to give the oxford english definition of the word)

what a clever movie, esp. for the 70's

• KGB
    KGB

Now there was a real lady, she had some real class, she was the foundation to womanhood. I am going to miss that gal for sure but she did live a full life and a blessed one for sure.. Gods speed Kathrine Hepburn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit