Baptism Nullification- will it work for you?

by joe_from_kokomo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

What Rocketman said.

I know our body of elders would view this document as a letter of disassocation. However, because of the unusual format some elders would be concerned about liability and after some discussion this would be forwarded to Brooklyn for legal advice. Then we'd wait. After some months we'd probably receive a directive to announce a disassociation. Since our body has never received one of these, one can only speculate, but I cannot imagine the WTS acquiescing to this "end-around" play. I think they believe they've won the pertinent test cases on this and other forms of DF and that they are legally justified in tossing out members who don't adhere to the rules.

But, hey, if it makes you feel better fill it out. Mailing it is optional.

• Judy
    Judy

Thanks for the welcome Rocketman and Hi to you too.

I have waited this long it is not going to bother me to wait a bit longer, however it is wonderful to have some hope that there might one day be a positive outcome. Maybe they will all realize what is going on and leave. That would be a GREAT day!!

Judy

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Has anyone else actually tried this? With what results?

• smack
    smack

welcome Judy, another Aussie.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I find the thought of baptism nullification kinda cool... it would release you from possibly getting a DA or DF label. But like someone else said, it's probably best just to disappear and not cause any "trouble."

• Mr Lebowski
    Mr Lebowski

Uhhh...I don't want to sound like an idiot (but obviously I'm willing to take the risk) but what's the purpose here?

Two personal observations:

F*&$ing with the WTS within their own organizational rules is kind of like writing a letter to the editor (or arguing on a discussion board) - you ain't never gonna get the last word (for proof, see my running debate with minimus re: mind control here. We may keep this up until the economy turns around :) It's like arguing with a pig - it wastes your time and annoys the pig. (No, I am NOT referring to minimus as a non-kosher animal!)

The more energy you give this, the less you will have for consciously, purposely building the new life you seem to have chosen. Look forward.

We don't need to see what is behind us. Dean Martin, Cannonball Run.

Peace and success,

Duder

• Swan
    Swan

Simon wrote:

Maybe something similar could be done for people who got baptized while still a minor and unable to enter into contracts and so on?

Good point. Did your parents or guardians sign a letter of consent or participate in the oral contract, i.e. were they asked by the person on stage to consent for minors present?

Tammy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I thought it was a good idea and well thought out especially if it made you feel better - yes nowhere on society form is there a place for baptism nullification so it slightly screws them -- in the ned though I agree with what others say - it will not make any difference to the WTBTS - they will just view you as DAd

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The more energy you give this, the less you will have for consciously, purposely building the new life you seem to have chosen. Look forward.

That is an excellent point. I don't recognize their authority. Why should I waste time pursuing something like this? Still, for those who need closure, this option seems better to me than either DA'ing yourself or getting DF'd on purpose.

• JT
    JT
    keep in mind that the elders get bamboozled by this method, as there is no field to fill in on their S-77 form for baptism nullification

i hate to rain on your parade but you must be joking, not trying to dog you PER SAY but I don't know of any body of elder, and esp ones that call the CO or Bethel who would not get a great LAUGH out of this letter

this letter carries NO WEIGHT in wt world my dear friend- as i read it i was thinking what would the body of elders i used be a part of think if they got your letter

first we would LAUGH- then we would assign one of us to give a service talk on APOSTASY- THEN you would be DA and then 3 weeks later we would give the service talk and case close

these types of tactic DON'T WORK esp if your goal is not to be DFed or DAed

there are many ways of getting around making an OFFICAL ANNOUCEMENT Pubicly

THE MOST LIKELY way is by bookstudies - at the end of the bookstudy each elder would consider 10mins to disscuss how to veiw ones who renouce their baptism, then tell two wonderful pioneers who you are talking about and in less than 10days everyone in the hall will know that the service talk was about you , along with some additional juicy stuff that they would make up to add spice to the story-

case in point, since we left wt i have been accused of leaving my wife for a white woman, that i was skimming money from the circuit account to build our new home, that we are no longer together, that my wife is dressing like a "Hoochie Mama" that i have started dressing like a BLACK MUSLUIM,

yes the list goes on and on, as has been mentioned by many who leave THERE IS NO NOBLE WAY TO LEAVE WT

SO why even bother with the CHEESE AND CRACKER MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like THE WORD IS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit