Baptism Nullification- will it work for you?

by joe_from_kokomo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Thanks for the reply, Joe.

IW

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Maverik was disfellowshipped anyway. I imagine the same will happen again. People, it is best at this time to just stay quiet and leave without making noise or thumbing the nose at the WT.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's pretty good !

Maybe something similar could be done for people who got baptized while still a minor and unable to enter into contracts and so on?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Peacefulpete seems to have a problem with English, maybe it is not his primary language. I was NOT DF'ed. They changed my status to an unbaptized publisher and DA me as such. Then the locals bros.gave talks on apostacy and how those who leave the Org are the worst kind of people and should be avoided at all cost. Dedalus has taken a stand and is stuck now...feels he can't back out of it. He is right as to the effect, (treatment). It will be the same as a preceived apostate. They, (the bros) will spread the word that you are bad, bad, bad! The big plus, in my tiny little Mensa mind, is that this method takes the stick out of the Org. hand. It is outside their normal path to punishment. They like control and order, their control, their order. It took the bros. about six weeks to deal with me. I wonder if they are just hoping by not reacting, the fallout will be small. Of little importance. We will see. I'm for anything that gives them heartburn. Maverick

• berylblue
    berylblue
    OH MY that is awesome.

Wonder if it might work after being DFed?

Well, I don't know. Being DF is involuntary (despite the elders' contention that "you DFed your self by your actions". Baptism nullification is voluntary.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Maverik...I understood your English just fine. I just know what you said made no sense. They anounced you as DA, that means they did not change your status to an unbaptized publisher as you contend. That may have been the way it was explained to you to shut you up but ipso facto you were DF'd. The main objective for most of us as well as the original poster is to avoid the resultant shunning not to get some satisfaction derived by sticking it to the Elders as seems to be your motive.

BTW..I was unable to post for a day or so. When I attempted to there was no header or footer. An odd popup box appeared when I moved the cursor to the top of the page. It gave the usual options of reply, edit,etc. It allowed me to edit another posters text without any security requirements. I did not do it but I could have..This needs to be investigated by you folks who know about these things.

• rangersfc
    rangersfc

i feel like i want to get one up on them and fill out the form my sisters have been df'd my youngest sister suffers from depression and has recently had a baby she moved back to the area to get help as she is on her own she was df'd 10 yrs ago. My mum and dad who are still in the truth sorry the LIE as i like to call it, they were great helped her had her round for tea etc until the co decided that they should stop having any contact with her so she is now on her own and depressed and cant have any help because of the narrow minded jw's i am very bitter and will fill out this form purely to be a problem even if only for a few days. My mum says she is finding it very hard and she is depressed but knows it is the right decsion to shun her (i left 2 yrs ago not df'd) and cries all the time at the moment. All i could say and i am sorry for this is get a grip you made the decsion if you dont like it wake up and leave....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Joe,

Thanks for posting that. Keep us posted as to the outcome

wanna

• Judy
    Judy

Joe ,

Thank you for posting the Baptism Nullification. It is what I have been searching for, for a long time now. Some hope I guess and you have given me that. I was baptised at 14 having no idea what I was doing, no idea of the impact this would have on the rest of my life. I disassosciated at 17 and haven't had any family contact in 18 years. My dearest wish is to somehow have my batism revoked, null and void or some such thing so that I might be able to be in contact with my family as if I had never been baptised in the first place.

I am hoping there is something in this which may provide me with the solution. Any sugestions are very welcome!

Judy

• rocketman
    rocketman

Looks like we have two new posters to welcome. HI Judy and rangersfc!

To me, while this is a nice attempt, it doesn't amount to much else but a disassocation. I say that because it seems evident that a person will be treated in the same manner as one who has DA'd. In legalistic terms perhaps, as well as in intent, nullification is different, but if the end result is the same (shunning and being treated a s disloyal) then it seems to not make much difference to me. A commendable effort though!

Of course, time may tell - as Gadget mentioned, it may simply be that they didn't get around to a reply on this letter yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit