Document Blood Transfusion Deaths - please help

by Lee Elder 30 Replies latest watchtower medical

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Lee,

You have a pm. The incident I referred to would have been written up in the Express-Times of Easton, PA, if it made the newspaper.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

me --earlier in this thread.

"i know of one UK man that died through refusing a BT--he was in Kent. i know one of his relatives--so i'm not free to say his name."

it was Keith Playford--died in 1971--in Kent, UK--following blood loss after dental surgery.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    @ILOVETTATT2 what is the "lowest known blood count" that individual survived?
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Heath Hodges was a terrific young brother in Hollister, CA. He died around 1998 or 1999. Official cause of death was Aplastic Anemia, a very rare blood disease, treatable only by bone marrow transplant and blood transfusion. He was about 19. His dad took Heath's death very hard especially after the nu lite "adjustments" regarding "blood fractions" were divinely revealed in 2000. Too late to help Heath.

Tragically about 8 years later, Heath's dad took his own life. I believe that the WT blood policy took both of their lives.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Lee Elder: There is a contact page at the bottom of the map.

I am confused, Lee. I tried to use the contact email at the bottom of the page but when I tried to send it, I got an error message.

Other than that, all I can find on the blood map page is a place to leave a comment. I don't want to post a comment as the information I am giving has names, etc, that I don't want to post - am I supposed to use the comment feature to report a no-blood incident?

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

@OrphanCrow

You can use it that way. If you prefer not to, email it to me:

[email protected]

Thanks

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation

I know of 2 witness deaths from refusing blood transfusions.

The first was Josh Tripptree. He was diagnosed with an aggressive type of leukemia at age 16 in 2004 i think. His parents refused blood treatments for a while but the hospital(valley childrens hospital of madera, ca)was able to get a court order to overide the parents authority and administer blood transfusions since he was under age, but the treatments didn't start early enough and from diagnosis till his death was only about a month in length.

The second death was my friend Melissa postal from Temecula, CA(smith I think was her married name) She was about 25 back in 2005 when she bled out after a massive blood clot was dislodged a couple hours after she gave birth. She refused blood and went in for an emergency hysterectomy but passed away on the operating table. Her death really freaked me out at the time as I was also pregnant at the time with my first kid and due a couple months after her. I've never been so scared in my life. I didn't want to give birth. Lucky for me things went smooth but very tragic for melissa. Her son never got to know her.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Thanks for sharing. It certainly seems that Leukemia and childbirth claim the majority of JW lives.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I think we also have to allow for trauma. Accidents happen as frequency as illness if not more so. Blood is often the first thing administered often before the person is taken to the ER.

The next level is those patients, like people with cancer, who often need blood to off set Chemo as well as surgery.

My sister had cancer and the surgeons could not keep her stable enough to remove all of the tumor's they stopped the procedure hoping that the Chemo would do the rest.....it didn't.

My mother-in-law refused blood and in that era they could not risk an open heart operation she passed away a year later from something they could have fixed.\

The 50,000 person figure is a reasonable guess but very conservative. The 250,000 figure would most likely be dependent on complications arising from weakness and lack of treatment related to not receiving a BT timely.

A dramatic approach to humanizing the results of the BT policy is to show someone a picture of the 912 or so men, women and children dead in a field at Jonestown. And among the JW's this has been happening every year. As they too accept the teaching of the WTBTS mindlessly.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/15/world/gallery/jonestown-massacre/

• clarity
    clarity

I worked with a woman whose brother was stabbed in his upper thigh. He lost so much blood so fast that he died in the ambulance. He was not a jw, but I tell this because watchtower gives the impression that this 'blood thing' isn't too serious.......you can always just get blood substitutes!

That is so misleading, when you need blood ...you need blood. There is no time to fool around.

In 1976 a jw friend of mine died, he had leukemia and would not take blood. He struggled on towards the glorious 1975 and made it! But a1975 fiasco happened instead. He left 3 little kids.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit