Kingdom Halls are been opened up now.

by joe134cd 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    My fathers best friend passed away a couple of days ago. Admittedly, I live in a country that is covid free, although the local dubbies are still following the advice of not meeting in the hall. With the death of my fathers friend, the local BOE must have had a change of heart. At first they were going to zoom the funeral service. I tried to point out to my father how insulting and disrespectful this was to the deceased especially when the threat of covid is none existent here. All public gatherings are allowed by the government. Surly they could have a public service especially since this friend had been a loyal dub all his life. Anyway, I heard this guys son ,who isn’t a jw, got involved. Turns out he was also of the same opinion of me, and what ever happened the service is now been held in the hall, with a zoom option if thats your preference. This is the first instance I’ve heard of where the rules have been broken. In a way I’m happy for the family that they got to see their loved on off with a public gathering of ( conditional) friends. F*c$k you watchtower and your Pharisaical rules.
  • asp59
    asp59

Wonder if they let him stay as elder when CO hears about what happened.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Their worldwide command structure is not well suited to meeting local conditions.

I suspect they will be very slow to reopen worldwide compared with other religious groups. One reason is probably because they suspect that attendances will be down when they get back to the KH. Some older JWs, or just busy people in general, won’t want to go to the brother of attending the KH in person any more. They might still tune in on Zoom, if that option is available. Watchtower being who they are, may try to stigmatise people who don’t turn up at the KH without “good reasons”, alienating yet more people.

But all this is getting ahead of ourselves. For most of the world it will probably be many more months because truth to the KH is on the cards. Who knows, maybe Watchtower HQ will be insolvent by then.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This wimpy virus is the least of their worries. They are putting energy toward enslaving the planet, and it has worked. And they wonder why I am favor of closing down all these buildings for joke-hova or jesus (or allah) worship for good, even without a virus. These programs themselves are viruses that are way worse than coronavirus, and even worse than what they could have turned out to be (such as SARS and MERS).

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

a zoom funeral.

what next ?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I wonder if they're going to start renting-out these KH's ''soon''.

Renting out to other ''false religions'' and their practices, by WT standards. Kim and Mike just had a video on this today.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

In the US they doubled down and said no unapproved entrance into the Hall and even then no two people who don't live together

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''In the US they doubled down and said no unapproved entrance into the Hall''...

Only can be reinforced if you have 2 witnesses to someone entering the Hall.

• sam68
    sam68

dubbies?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    sam6822 minutes ago

dubbies?

hi--welcome to the site

dubbies--dubs--?

Jay DUB ell yoo.

Share this

Google+