What I Saw & Heard in the Oral Argument Hearing on January 14, 2015

by ABibleStudent 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thank you ABibleStudent Robert, for being there and recording your observations.  Wow, good job!

• Kanon
    Kanon
    1. The Watchtower does not have a “special relationship” with the local congregation and is not responsible for how the elders conducted themselves.

Funny this is a far cry from their position in the Menlo park case where their attorneys said

And I say "organization." I am general counsel for the National Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Brooklyn, New York. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be here, but this is one of our 13,000 congregations in the United States. We are a hierarchal religion structured just like the Catholic Church. And when the order from the Pope comes down in the church defrocking a priest and kicking him out, he no longer has any say in any matter in the local parish priest -- in the parish.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "I liked the actions of and questions from Justice Jenkins before and during the arguments.  He left the courtroom and returned with an arm-load of papers weighing about 30 lbs before the arguments."

My prayer is that among those 30lbs of documents under Justice Jenkins' arm are WT's Elders' Shepherding Book, the infamous 1989 BOE letter along with dozens and dozens of other BOE letters from WT 'Mother' to Congregation Elders that demonstrate the ownership and control that the WTBTS has over each and every Elder and the congregations.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thank you for this first-hand report.

-Aude.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Very good notes! Thanks!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Kanon= yes those were my thoughts to. How can you not have a special relationship with the elders when your a hierarchical religion with a pope giving orders. I say BS to that one.  I wonder if this has anything to do with the appointment of elders now been done by the CO. Sneaky buggers. I have to say there is a whole lot of murky grey here, and it will be interesting to see how things turn out.
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere
    Reading those court documents makes me angry, and sick. The wtbts is disgusting.  
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

1- Thank you ABS for such a professional presentation ! And effort on your part.

2- If we are hoping for or looking for the "ultimate take-down" of the WTS its probably not going to happen - Many years ago when I first stumbled on the UN-NGO issue [via this forum btw] I thought wow this has got to be it ! but it wasn't.

So we will grind on ................. 

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

No "special relationship" with congregations??????  No - just total control!!!!!!!!

w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today                                   

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

The slimy poisonous snakes within the Org deserve everything that's coming to them!

I look forward so much to "witnessing" their humiliation and downfall!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

ABibleStudent Robert, did you notice as to whether the Watchtower Society or the North Fremont Congregation had a New World Bible on the table when they appealed the unfavorable legal decision?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit