Congregation memorial stats

by nowwhat? 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

The invitation work is just another gimmick to keep the cult members busy. Nothing else. The idiot gb know it doesn't result in any new members.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Went to the Public Talk & Watchtower Study this weekend after Friday memorial and the attendance was back down to 80+ in attendance.

Mind you that the memorial attendance was 225! Where in the hell were the other 145 who attended the memorial? A sure sign this cult is tanking!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I almost wonder just how many submarines there are? Do they consider themselves as jws? Its nothing new..i knew lots who only showed up for the nisan 14 bash..50 years ago.. wannabe armageddon survivors

• blondie
    blondie

stan livedeath, I remember people who only showed up once a year at the memorial as

Jehovah's witness bystander

or better yet

Submarine witnesses

because they only surfaced once a year

*** w55 1/1 p. 14 par. 14 Holding Fast the Public Declaration of Our Hope ***

How can anyone say he is one of Jehovah’s witnesses if he does not attend and participate in the meetings of true worshipers of Jehovah? (John 4:23) How can he say, even to himself, that he believes the truth of God’s Word if he never expresses that truth to his brothers?

*** w57 2/15 p. 114 par. 4 How Jehovah’s Witnesses View Their Ministry ***

If one does not witness, he is not one of Jehovah’s witnesses. To call ourselves witnesses of Jehovah and then to refrain from witnessing, which is ministering, would be taking Jehovah’s name in a vain or worthless way.

*** w59 12/1 p. 722 par. 8 “Prove Yourselves My Disciples” ***

All who are counted as Jehovah’s witnesses are active preachers of the good news meeting the Biblical standard of morals, since an inactive Christian or one not meeting the standard is not a Christian at all. He is not a witness for Jehovah

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Quoting from 60 year old magazines!

• sparky1
    sparky1

I went to the Memorial at my old congregation. It was announced during the talk that the partakers were over 19,000 for the 2018 Memorial. At least the organization is experiencing growth in one category!

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

19 thousand - 20 Million well, whatever it takes.

• careful
    careful

"an American Indian sat in the front row and polished off the entire glass of wine before passing it on. Funniest part was watching goblet passer trying desperately to get it away from him."

FedUpJW, that WAS funny! Too bad there isn't a video of that one.

• blondie
    blondie

stan, obviously the WTS no longer uses those words/phrases. But they once did. We can learn from WTS history.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

@FedUpJW, what was the purpose of the American Indian drinking the wine? Did he not know that he is not supposed to drink the wine? I am curious to know why he drank the wine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit