Mega Millions Jackpot…

by Biahi 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Tie this thread to the depression one. One happy camper, several million disappointed to the point of despondency.

Always a chance to wrap my Ferrari around a pole. Money to a couple charities, non profit museums that care for things I like, grandkids could live fast and die young.

• blondie
    blondie

I would get a good attorney and financial adviser experienced in these situations. Change my phone number, move, so no one would start trying to hit me up for money.

• JeffT
    JeffT

In 1990 my parents came into some money - $900K not all that much in comparison to what we're talking about here. For those wanting to know that don't remember my history, it was half the Nobel prize in medicine.

People poured out of the woodwork asking for money. We got letters, phone calls, you name it. One lady wanted us to buy here a trailer. We got at least one request for help with rehab (that is at least a good use of the money). Some one else offered to give Dad the cure for cancer for some money.

In the end, Mom and Dad gave the money to their team at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. I don't know the details, knowing my parents I believe they weighted the money to give more to lower paid employees at The Hutch. My boss at the time was flabbergasted that some one could have their hands on that much money and give it away.

Based on that history, I say Blondie's got the right idea, disappear from the face of the earth, every nutjob on the planet will be trying to find you.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'd do a bit of window cleaning on the side.

(UK TV the 2 ronnies sketch )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit