Mega Millions Jackpot…

by Biahi 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Biahi
    Biahi

In the US, our Mega Millions lottery jackpot has reached over 1billion dollars! What would you do if you won? I think I’d run public service announcements on television, alerting people of the dangers of the WT cult, among other things. Perhaps, also, if you were abused by a JW as a child, please contact the Zalkin law firm, etc. what would YOU do?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm not sure it would be enough to care for all the friends that I'd have once the news hit that I'd won.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

After cash option and taxes it is only 400 million. And it may split to 2 or 3 winners.

Usual working poor dreams, new truck, better house. I cannot buy health or youth. Family would come out OK, even cousins we never knew.

Billboard on the route to every asembly hall

• Simon
    Simon

1 billion dollars? That's a lot of hookers and blow!

Seriously, that would be life-altering for many many people in your life - I think a nice off-grid retreat somewhere in the mountains would be nice. Kinda like a bond-villain setup, you know the thing :)

I'd probably sink a ridiculous amount on an animal rescue / sanctuary.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't do the US Lottery but I can do EuroMillions or the UK Lotto.

If I won a Million quid, I'd keep quiet about it. Probably just move to a better area...like Canada, if Trudeau would have me (I don't care how you spell his name, I'm not a fan. He should have stayed in the Rock Band, Triumph was it?)!!

I wouldn't blow it on tat. It probably wouldn't be obvious from my lifestyle either.

I would indulge in hookers!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

First, I'd change my phone number. Second, I would practice saying "no" for hours, in preparation for all of the hands that will show up all of a sudden.

Then I'd buy a box of donuts and start enjoying the good life!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    In the US, our Mega Millions lottery jackpot has reached over 1billion dollars! What would you do if you won?

I would send out emails to random people, telling them that they won some money. All they have to do to claim it would be to respond with their bank routing and account number. Also, they would have to agree in the email to go directly to the news once funds were deposited, and tell them about it. I would also claim to be a Nigerian prince every once and a while.

And then, for each person that responded.... I would pay $10k.

From that point forward, it would be very difficult to determine which emails were scams, and which were actually free money.

Then I would enjoy the chaos a bit.

• St George of England
    St George of England

A friend of mine once told me that if he won the lottery he would split the money into two halves.

One half he would spend on booze, cars and loose women.

The other half he would just fritter away.

George

• GabeAthouse
    GabeAthouse

New house, not all that much bigger than where I live now, but it would be fun to be able to build exactly what I want without having to compromise on any materials/fixtures.

A handful of lifelong friends and a few family members would suddenly become rich.

As far a wasteful splurging...a bottle of 1975 or 1989 Petrus Bordeaux. Just to see what the fuss is all about.

Cant see building a vacation home or anything like that. Owning too much stuff is kind of a ball and chain. I'd just stay in nicer places when I did go on vacation.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    One half he would spend on booze, cars and loose women.
    The other half he would just fritter away.

I think George Best say that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit