"Are natural disasters a sign of the times?" -- Yes, says WT

by FatFreek 2005 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Matthew 24

38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying ... so the presence of the Son of man will be.

So, I see the fulfillment in this today for sure.

We see “men marrying” in many countries today, surely this is a sign from Jesus that the end is just around the corner.

• LV101
    LV101

FF 2005 - LOLOLOL re/the "blue bonnet" - hilarious.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Men marrying", LOL...

...almost surprised the bOrg hasn't actually tried using that one yet.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Don't forget, Nostradamus was also predicting this and the Vatican itself, has texts that - allegedly- speak about the end, so much so that they will not release it, to the best of my knowledge.

Not to be a damper but WT is not the only one.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

LMS

you must not have experienced the warm up to a birth....it's such fun

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Blondie - I watched a doc recently regarding earthquakes = they obtained actual records from the government source USGS.. and actually ran the numbers showing there has been increases in earthquakes. There is also an app re earthquake activity world wide and it gives daily earthquake activity.

The doc was

THE COMING CONVERGENCE and another - TWO DEGREES/POINT OF NO RETURN. Both are very interesting and gives a lot of good scientific information and natural information as to what is actually happening all rolled up into a few hours worth of viewing.

If no one has seen them, its a good watch.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

and actually ran the numbers showing there has been increases in earthquakes.

Wrong , there are now seismic instruments that have been placed all over the world that measure and document earthquakes to the smallest movement to the largest.

So the correct statement to make is that there are now more measurements of the earth's tectonic plate movements that are now being observed and documented.

The earth actually was more active in its pate movement in the past creating some the highest mountain ranges we see today.

The Himalayas for example, the collision of the Indian Plate with the Asian Plate 40 million years ago—pushed a former seafloor skyward, creating the Himalayan mountain range and that's why you see sea shells or a ocean floor on the top regions of this mountain range.

.....and no these sea shells aren't just laying randomly on top of the existing rock formations, the strata layer is feet deep.

Religious protagonists have said they are there by the happenstance of Noah's flood.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was watching a tv documentary about history of medieval times and believe me, the 13th -14th century was far worse for food shortages ,, pestilence etc. I'd rather live now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

Here's a fun question to pose to any of those End-Timers when you get tired of them whining about the horrible state of the world around them...

..."Well, when would you rather live? The Old West? The Middle Ages? The Roman Empire?"

Believe it or not, a Cracked.com writer really put it well... that in just the past century, humanity - as a species - has succeeded so hard we don't know what to do with the success.

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit