Prince Harry and Meghan

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It’s hard for the family to accept a black person in the family - Meghan is not actually black; she's biracial (thanks to her white father).

Please, please, please can we stop referring to mixed-race people as 'black'.

It is intellectually dishonest to call a half-white person 'black'.

Meghan Markle, Colin Caepernick, Jordan Peel, Barack Obama and Halle Berry are all biracial (mixed-race), not black.

You're welcome. :)

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

A colored Afro America brought into the Royal family through marriage .

My god ....... I shall faint

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I find many similarities with cults/religions in that there are no proper boundaries between the organization and personal life.

For instance, JW kids grow up in a controlling environment where they are told that everything, they do reflect’s on Jehovah (aka: their religion).

Same goes for people born into the monarchy: they can’t go where they please and a large portion of their personal life is controlled by others.

I was thinking of some similarities as well with the Vatican, or the GB. These people live in secluded areas. Sure, there are advantages, but in the end, you don’t have freedom.

We all have limits on our freedom. Everyone. For instance, though there is no law preventing me to traval, I’ve never seen the other end of my own country due to time and finance. But I do take for granted basic freedom such as walking down in the market and worrying about someone taking a pic of me scratching my bum.

For prince Harry, he was born into this. He’s trying to escape this and taste freedom. Still, even now, he doesn’t really have it. He needs to worry about security and a lot of media attention. So, he’s still not as free as most of us are. There is a lot of freedom in being anonymous.

As for his wife… well, she married into it… she had a choice and took that choice as a grown women… so, in terms of responsibility, a good part of it falls on her shoulder. Still, that doesn’t mean we can’t feel pity for her.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I think the British Monarchy is now out dated and serves no real effective purpose other than to glorify a select group of people/family members because their own past heritage of power and control .

• minimus
    minimus

If she didn’t like the monarchy and everything about it, why join? It’s like a JW complaining they didn’t know what they were joining while they are an older adult. It’s BS.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If she didn’t like the monarchy and everything about it, why join? - she fell in love with Harry, one of the world's most eligible bachelors.

She thought it would be great - 'I've found myself a nice prince!' … 'I've married into the UK Royal family and it's gonna be great!' etc.

Trouble is, outsiders have often struggled to fit in with Royal procedure and protocol.

Prince Philip, Princess Diana, the Duchess of York (Fergie) are some names of outsiders who struggled.

It seems that Prince Harry has always mildly resented playing second fiddle to his elder brother and future King, William. Meghan has simply put rocket fuel under Harry's resentment.

Like I say, the Monarchy has a hierarchy and a way of doing things and it won't change any time soon. The Monarchy isn't Hollywood. Harry and Meghan are finding out the hard way.

TBH, I find it difficult to feel sorry for a couple who have so much privilege - the only way they could secure multi-million dollar Netflix and Spotify deals that paid for their Cali mansion was because Harry is Royal-born.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Maybe Harry and Megan withdrew from the Royal identity and participation because they thought it was phony, old and pretentious like many people today ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVYA3oTG8fg&ab_channel=SketchiT

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Racism and sexism is on the decline but classism is still here and Meghan was marrying into the biggest "I'm better than you" club in the world... Royalty. I have personally been the victim of classism when I was ousted from my seat in a Bournemouth theatre by a footman who promised me a compensatory drink for moving which then didn't materialize and I heard the snooty nosed Conservative party councilor mutter "oh thank goodness, what were they doing here" like we were scum sat in the front row. Now it would be nice if Meghan could have expected to move into a non racist "firm" but I tell you it would be like moving into a cow shed and expecting not to get poop on your outfit.
  • minimus
    minimus

Ballistic...poor Meghan

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I've learned a lot about Harry and Meghan and I can say this. Everything I have learned about those two has been against my will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit