What's the funniest gag / stunt you saw 'in service'?

by DFWnonJW 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Just curious here <eg>

I've heard of plenty of teenagers knock-n-running but that's rather on the dull side. So what's the funniest bit of slapschtick you've seen or heard of witnesess pulling while getting in the time quota?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

The most fun I had was a snowball fight inside a VW bus. There were a bunch of us high school graduates who had started regular pioneering, and it was a snowy day. We were bored. Unbeknownst to the rest of the group (about 6 of us), each person secreted a snowball in their bookbag and, once we got back into the bus, we let fly! See, we were too mindful of our dignity to do it OUTSIDE. I do wonder what any outsiders might have thought we were doing with that bus rocking!

Nina

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It was a hot day. I ran through someone's sprinkler on their front lawn. Yeah, that was it. Service was always boring, no matter what.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I remember one specific day out in field service. After everyone was split up into their car groups, the elder we were with took his car to a mechanic to have it fixed. Then we took coffee. After the car was fixed, we were all driven home.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

bttt (I sure am glad I finally learned what that means!)

There's a reason I asked this question but I can't divulge it just yet If my plan doesn't pan out, well I hope at least there is some interesting reading.

Nina, I'll bet that was fun! A break in the monotony at least :) I can picture a JWVW bus driving down the highway with snowballgeddon erupting inside.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It was a blast. I'll even name a couple of names, 'cause I'd like to know if anyone else knows them: Mark and Chris Knight (owners of the bus). They were twins, the oldest of five (or six) boys, and all of the boys went to Bethel eventually (Timothy and Clifford were a couple of the younger ones, and I can't remember the rest). They were the best fun -- I was the sister they never had, and they were the brothers I never had, so we had a wonderful time pioneering together for three years. Then they went to Bethel and their family eventually moved to California, and we lost touch. We had a good group back then -- it was fun, and we actually felt like we were doing something useful. Ah, youth!

Nina

• yxl1
    yxl1

Whenever my father-in-law wanted to round up his 8 kids, he would put two fingers in his mouth and whistle as loud as he could and the kids would come running (OR ELSE!!! ) Once, when on the service the CO was talking to my (future) F-I-L, I whistled real loud and all 8 of his kids came running asking what he wanted. He had to explain to the CO that it was his method of rounding up the kids and that someone was playing a prank (he knew it was me...!!) . The CO took him to one side and had a short word with him. He never did it again....

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

A pioneer sister that I was with in field service would stomp her feet real hard as we were leaving someones steps, after the third time, I asked her what she was doing, She quoted Matthew 10:14, "...anyone one does not take you in or listen to your words, on going.......shake the dust off your feet."

Lisa

• Hamas
    Hamas

As we were walking, bag in hand, towards a group including the CO and his wife and a few other 'important' ( or is that impotent ) people , the CO shouted to us quite zealously :

AHHHHHH BROTHERS !!!!! ANY LUCK ?!?!??!?!?!

I replied, quite nonenthusiatically :

YEH , NO ONE HAS BEEN IN

A slight smile cracked the face of his wife. Another zealous sister asked me :

'HEY ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT ? WE ARE ORGANI ......'

I replied

'SOMETHING ELSE'

Got in my car and drove off !!!!!

Suppose you had to be there .

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

This supposedly happened years ago in Calif. A young brother out in service saw a statue in front of a Church - Jesus with both hands outstretched. Watchtower, Awake, Jesus statue at church. Hmmmmmmmm

When the brother left the scene, Jesus was holding a WT in one hand and the Awake in the other. Gotta get a mental image of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit